Advanced Search

Leo’s knives are gone…but….

Recent Forums Main Forum Pass Around and Buy / Sell / Trade Want to Sell Leo’s knives are gone…but….

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Leo James Mitchell
    Participant
    • Topics: 64
    • Replies: 687

The old knives are all gone.
    You will remember that I am getting rid of most of my knife collection, so here are two knives you won’t want to miss. Recently I obtained a custom-made Farid Mehr Rex 121 steel folder with a titanium body. He made only 20 of them, so there are no others available anywhere in the world. I am going to sell my Farid folder for a bargain price…I paid $650 US for it, but I will sell it to a member of this forum for $525 US plus shipping. This is truly a collector’s item.
    The second knife is a true beauty. Clay worked on this folder from Fallkniven, so I am sure he can attest to its beauty as well as its wonderful construction. The slabs are Ivory Micarta, the body is of stainless steel and the 3.7 inch blade is made from 3G powder steel. It will take a frighteningly sharp edge. The edge it is carrying now was put there by Clay and remains with a mirror-polished edge and is very sharp indeed. It is in excellent condition. The present retail price for this folder is over $350…I will sell mine for $220.00 US plus shipping. Once again only PayPal please. PM me with your interest.
    Pictures to follow soon.

Leo

wickededge
    Keymaster
    • Topics: 123
    • Replies: 2938

I’m really excited to see the Farid Rex 121 folder. I’ve got one of his Rex 121 mules and I like it a lot. The Fallkniven is a beautiful knife and I really enjoyed handling it. Anyone who winds up with this knife will be happy with its combination of strength, utility and elegance.

-Clay

Leo James Mitchell
    Participant

Thanks Clay!
    These two knives will be open exclusively for members of this forum for 2 weeks after Clay receives the Farid Folder and has had a chance to play with it. After that I will throw them open on the other two forums but not for these prices…they will be $600 US and $240US respectively for them.

Leo

Phil Pasteur
    Participant
    • Topics: 10
    • Replies: 944

Leo,
    I followed your link to the thread on the K2.
    I wonder , is your knife one of the tip up or tip down models? They also talk about a titanium stop pin on some of them. Does yours have that feature?
    This sounds like a very interesting knife. I am struggling with the price… but very interesting!!

Phil

Leo James Mitchell
    Participant

Hi Phil
    I have to tell you I don’t know. When I ordered mine, they were all tip ups and then there were problems and he stopped making them except for those who asked for them and for those already made. So until the package arrives to Clay, I couldn’t tell you. As for the titanium pin, I believe mine has it, but that too remains to be seen. The box will contain all the answers.
    Not much help eh! Sorry mate! stay tuned! A couple of folks are already showing their interest so we shall see what happens.

Leo

Fred Hermann
    Participant
    • Topics: 30
    • Replies: 188

Drooling at the Fallkniven PXL….
    Must consult my Bride to authorize funds…
    Great price, my only real reservation is the weight, 6oz by modern standards is a lot, but compared to my old Buck 110, that’s light.

For anyone waffling like me, if these weren’t in pristine condition, Leo would have said so…the price can’t be beat.
    This is a far safer buy than the typical EBay crapshoot. But we need a whole topic on cruddy online purchases…but not on this one.
    🙂

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.