Advanced Search

Knifesleeves.com 10% off FYI

Recent Forums Main Forum Sharpening as a Business Knifesleeves.com 10% off FYI

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Josh
    Participant
    • Topics: 89
    • Replies: 1672
    tuffy braithwaite
    Participant
    • Topics: 184
    • Replies: 360

i have bought from them 3 times now – prett nice outfit.

sleeves are great.

😉

Allgonquin
    Participant
    • Topics: 8
    • Replies: 51

Hmmm. Using either Safari or Chrome I can not get the “Products” pages to load. And the home page of site is extremely slow to load.

Rgds,

Gib Curry
    Participant
    • Topics: 18
    • Replies: 240

I’ve occasionally thought back to this thread on sleeves for knives I/we have sharpened and are returning.

I came across this guy in Vancouver, WA. http://www.patronsaintofknives.com/

I hadn’t before seen his solution for protecting blades from people and vice versa! B)

In the top most video, (Patron Saint of Knives Knife Sharpening 101) his sharpening looks OK but skip ahead to about 8:15 to see him clean the blade and package it for shipping.

Looks like an inexpensive, safe & clever way to protect that I hadn’t seen yet.

~~~~
    For Now,

Gib

Φ

"Everyday edge for the bevel headed"

"Things work out best for those who make the best out of the way things work out."

Josh
    Participant
    • Topics: 89
    • Replies: 1672

Weird… It says that the video isn’t available for my country (on my phone)? I’ll check this later 🙂 thanks Gib!

Eamon Mc Gowan
    Participant
    • Topics: 17
    • Replies: 513

The “Patron” seems like a nice enough guy, but really there was no magic there?
    I personally am not sure about wrapping the knife in plastic wrap? Now the person has to get it off without cutting themselves? I like the sleeves that Tuffy introduced us too. Plus I know that most of my customers have remarked they like having the sleeves for storage in the utensil drawer among other storage needs. It is a nice touch. Everyone has asked for them when we have a second go round with more knives.
    I have had several people remark ” wow professional”! B)

Gib Curry
    Participant
    • Topics: 18
    • Replies: 240

I personally am not sure about wrapping the knife in plastic wrap? Now the person has to get it off without cutting themselves? I like the sleeves that Tuffy introduced us too. Plus I know that most of my customers have remarked they like having the sleeves for storage in the utensil drawer among other storage needs. It is a nice touch. Everyone has asked for them when we have a second go round with more knives.
    I have had several people remark ” wow professional”! B)

All are important and valid points… especially in the era of recycle and reuse. A good reminder… thanks.

About the plastic? Any other thoughts about what touches the blades? I questioned the plastic wrap but I also question masking & painters tape, too but see them used. And, I really don’t know the impact on the blade itself by the sleeves. (And you mention the simple safety to end-users.) (I do like the guy says, “accepts no liability for the use, misuse or injury caused by the extremely sharp edges he produces.”)

~~~~
    For Now,

Gib

Φ

"Everyday edge for the bevel headed"

"Things work out best for those who make the best out of the way things work out."

Daniel maloon
    Participant
    • Topics: 10
    • Replies: 209

Usaknifemaker.com surprised me with a sample today. They also have plastic tip guards which is cool
    You’re able to order online

which is nice. Just another option

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.