Advanced Search

Knife for on a keychain

Recent Forums Main Forum Off Topic Knife for on a keychain

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Mark76
    Participant
    • Topics: 179
    • Replies: 2760

Recently Tom advised about keychain knives. The advantage of such a knife is that you almost always have it with you.

I think Tom advised the “Spyderco Bug Knife SS plain edge”. I bought it, but it is really too smart for me. Closed it is 4.1 cm and its blade length is 3.3 cm, what means you can do very little with it in practice: it is too small for me. It is even quite a lot smaller than my door key.

I am looking for a keychain knife as you may have guessed. Until now I have limited myself to Spyderco, but other brands are just as welcome.

A “normal”, not too large Spyderco knife is the Tenacious. It is 11 cm closed and has a blade length of 8.5 cm. I tried it on my keychain and unfortunately, it is too big for that purpose. (Although I like it a lot without a keychain.)

The “Spyderco HoneyBee SS plain edge” is about 1 cm longer than the “Bug Knife SS plain edge”, both closed and in blade length. I haven’t tried it yet. It may be something, but it still seems pretty small to me.

What is a good knife for on a keychain according to you? And again, I’m not limited to Spyderco.

Molecule Polishing: my blog about sharpening with the Wicked Edge

Dennis Hibar
    Participant
    • Topics: 9
    • Replies: 99

For me, it is the serrated Sypderco Ladybug  Salt (H1 steel).

1 user thanked author for this post.
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.