Advanced Search

Knife does not show up in data base

Recent Forums Main Forum Off Topic Knife does not show up in data base

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author
    Bill Wood
    Participant
    • Topics: 5
    • Replies: 30

Need a little help! I jusy sharpened my Kershaw Cryo and thought I would post it in the Knife Data base even though there was already a Cryo listed. I went thru the form and hit the sent block, caption came up and said it was saved but I can not find it anywhere under Kershaw. 🙁

Any suggestions?

Mark76
    Participant
    • Topics: 179
    • Replies: 2760

Your submission has to be approved by a moderator (which I think is Clay). It should appear in a short while.

Molecule Polishing: my blog about sharpening with the Wicked Edge

Bill Wood
    Participant

Thanks, did not know that. I guess he will see that it was posted twice since I didn’t think it went thru the first time. :ohmy:

Nicholas Angeja
    Participant
    • Topics: 6
    • Replies: 51

Great to hear, I also attempted to input a few knives a week or so ago with no result and was wondering if I should just attempt to re-add them, now i know.
    thanks Mark.

Bill Wood
    Participant

Well it’s been 2 weeks since I posted my first knife in the knife data base and have yet to see it. It was mentioned that someone had to approve the entries. If for some reason the entry is not approved will the person be notified as to why it wasn’t posted?

cbwx34
    Participant
    • Topics: 57
    • Replies: 1505

Hey Bill…

Now that you mention it, I think the last couple I did didn’t get posted. Clay doesn’t really approve or disapprove them… he just checks the formatting, so it gets in correctly.

I’m sure he’ll check when he sees this… I’m wondering if maybe they got lost in the server switch. I know some emails did, so it’s possible I suppose.

wickededge
    Keymaster
    • Topics: 123
    • Replies: 2938

This is weird. I get an email notification of a new submission and didn’t think I’d missed any so I just checked and there are no pending entries for the database. I’ll contact the webmaster about it to see what he can figure out. I’m wondering if we lost a couple when we moved to the new server.

-Clay

Bill Wood
    Participant

Hey Clay

Did you ever find out why some of the posts to the knife dated base never posted. Maybe their just floating around somewhere or is it best to repost them? I definitely want to build up some points. :p

wickededge
    Keymaster

Hey Clay

Did you ever find out why some of the posts to the knife dated base never posted. Maybe their just floating around somewhere or is it best to repost them? I definitely want to build up some points. :p

Hey Bill,

We did figure it out – it was due to a glitch in the database that was kicking out new entries that didn’t have all fields filled out. Why that started happening I don’t know but the web guys are confident they’ve got it fixed.

-Clay

Bill Wood
    Participant

Thanks Clay

I’ll go back and reenter the knives.

Johpe
    Participant
    • Topics: 9
    • Replies: 71

I think I need to revive an old thread.

I’ve tried to enter two new knives in the knife database but only one has shown up (and I’ve been accredited 0 points).

Maybe something to look into again for the web team?

BR,
    Johannes

Mark76
    Participant
    • Topics: 179
    • Replies: 2760

This issue still seems not to have been resolved completely. (Or maybe it was during the website update.)

A couple of days ago I entered a number of knives in the database. They all appeared a day or so later. However, I didn’t get any points.

I informed Clay and he told me he’s passed it on to the webmaster.

Molecule Polishing: my blog about sharpening with the Wicked Edge

wickededge
    Keymaster

Anyone not credited with the points they need after adding knives should contact me by PM and I’ll take care of it.

-Clay

Alfredo Luna
    Participant
    • Topics: 1
    • Replies: 8

I didn’t know you got points for adding knives :whistle:
    I have added a couple of knives but where can I see if I have points or not? :huh:

cbwx34
    Participant
    • Topics: 57
    • Replies: 1505

I didn’t know you got points for adding knives :whistle:
    I have added a couple of knives but where can I see if I have points or not? :huh:

Go to the Knife Database page

Click here:

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.