Advanced Search

Kershaw/Zero Tolerance: 0560

Recent Forums Main Forum Knife Specific Discussion Kershaw / Zero Tolerance Kershaw/Zero Tolerance: 0560

Viewing 4 posts - 16 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Author
    Scott
    Participant
    • Topics: 27
    • Replies: 121

Razoredgeknives,
    That is a gorgeous edge and on a recurve no less. I have that exact knife but still have not received my WE system yet, but that is exactly the reason I bought the WE and upgraded to the pro 2. So, since I don’t yet have the sharpener, I must speculate. Did you have to do anything different than on non recurves blades to get that beautiful, even finish? Clay has said that he would do a video on a ZT 300 or 350 but I know he is too busy right now. I would love to see a video of a 350 being sharpened on a WE.

Josh
    Participant
    • Topics: 89
    • Replies: 1672

Razoredgeknives,
    That is a gorgeous edge and on a recurve no less. I have that exact knife but still have not received my WE system yet, but that is exactly the reason I bought the WE and upgraded to the pro 2. So, since I don’t yet have the sharpener, I must speculate. Did you have to do anything different than on non recurves blades to get that beautiful, even finish? Clay has said that he would do a video on a ZT 300 or 350 but I know he is too busy right now. I would love to see a video of a 350 being sharpened on a WE.

Thanks Scott! I appreciate the kind words 😀 Makes you want your WEPS NOW doesn’t it? lol. I hated the anticipation!

Nah, I didn’t really have to do anything different… you can use the stock diamond plate/stones that come w/ the system up through 1k. Where you may run into an issue is the steps between the 1k diamond and your 5um strop (you definitely need a go between from my experience – the scratches left by the diamonds are just too deep to remove w/ a strop in my opinion). I used the curved ceramics (which I don’t have anymore) but you could probably get away w/ taping some wet/dry sandpaper to your strops for that step. I just used one edge of the stones, essentially, in the curved area… even w/ my chosera’s. It worked great.

I would definitely recommend you watch this vid before sharpening one of your high end knives like the 0560 or the 0350… not to derail the thread or anything. I think everyone should watch this. In fact, I think i’ll post a thread about it =)

Fred Hermann
    Participant
    • Topics: 30
    • Replies: 188

Maybe this is a dumb question, but how does the opening mechanism feel compared to Kershaw?

Josh
    Participant
    • Topics: 89
    • Replies: 1672

In my experience (between the 0350 and Kershaw blur) it feels very similar if not the same…. It’s very solid and smooth. And actually, both Kershaw and Zero tolerance are owned by the same company – Kai USA LTD.

Viewing 4 posts - 16 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.