Advanced Search

Karma ratings – What’s it all about?

Recent Forums Main Forum Welcome Mat Karma ratings – What’s it all about?

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Joyal Taylor
    Participant
    • Topics: 9
    • Replies: 52

Could someone please explain the Karma ratings thingey at the bottom of our screen names when we post?

Steven Pinson
    Participant
    • Topics: 0
    • Replies: 49

Hey HM,

I believe they are one of those “Group Hug” type things (if you do something for someone or people in general). The feature allows you to be rated by a “smite” or an “applaud” for your actions.

I may be all wrong. LOL

Joyal Taylor
    Participant

Hey HM,

I believe they are one of those “Group Hug” type things (if you do something for someone or people in general). The feature allows you to be rated by a “smite” or an “applaud” for your actions.

I may be all wrong. LOL

Well, I just gave you another “applaud”.
    Now you have 2.
    LOLer

Robert Nash
    Participant
    • Topics: 5
    • Replies: 164

I haven’t quite figured this out, but it seems maybe you get karma for starting a thread too… Yes/no anyone noticed?

Leo James Mitchell
    Participant
    • Topics: 64
    • Replies: 687

The monitors give karma ratings Bob. I give them for starting a thread, for interesting comments and ideas and for encouraging members to post. I try to give them also for good pictures or amusing anecdotes…whatever I see or read that enhances this Forum. Now I am not here as much as I used to be but Mark can also give them using his criteria.
    The ‘thank you’s’ are up to the members when they read a good piece of advice or see an idea that lights up the brain.

Cheers
    Leo

Joyal Taylor
    Participant

The monitors give karma ratings Bob. I give them for starting a thread, for interesting comments and ideas and for encouraging members to post. I try to give them also for good pictures or amusing anecdotes…whatever I see or read that enhances this Forum. Now I am not here as much as I used to be but Mark can also give them using his criteria.
    The ‘thank you’s’ are up to the members when they read a good piece of advice or see an idea that lights up the brain.

Cheers
    Leo

Hey Leo,
    Why don’t I have a Thank You button in my posts?
    I feel left out.
    LOL

Leo James Mitchell
    Participant
    • Topics: 64
    • Replies: 687

Some monitor I am, people have been giving me karma points so, I was wrong :S …you can give karma as well as thank yous. Give someone karma by clicking on the plus sign under the profile section of the members post. If you put your mouse on it, the word applaud appears…click it to give karma.
    Since I can only see things from my console, I think I am right this time. Please let me know if I am not right.
    The Thank you button appears on the other guy’s post not yours…you can’t thank yourself or give yourself karma.
    Too much almost for this old brain! LOL!

Cheers
    Leo

Robert Nash
    Participant
    • Topics: 5
    • Replies: 164

Hey Leo,
    Why don’t I have a Thank You button in my posts?
    I feel left out.
    LOL

Thanks for the explanation Leo – I do see the + and – Karma on the left with everyone’s posts and have given folks Karma that way, but I didn’t know if there was some automatic addition happening as well. And since you don’t see anywhere in response to what you have gotten or lost karma it’s hard to know whats going on….

LOL Holymolar – they don’t want you to go around giving yourself karma or thanking yourself for good information!!! 😉 :silly: .

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.