Advanced Search

Kangaroo naked or kangaroo with .025 paste?

Recent Forums Main Forum Welcome Mat Kangaroo naked or kangaroo with .025 paste?

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Scott
    Participant
    • Topics: 27
    • Replies: 121

So in my quest for perfection, I was wondering if the highest possible step for a mirror polish and super sharp push sharp blade is to go from micro fine to cow leather at 5 micron, 3.5 micron, 1 micron, then .5 micron THEN to Kangaroo naked or kangaroo with .25 micron paste? The kangaroo comes with two sides of kangaroo so adding the paste would be a minimal expense, but do you really get much difference using the .025 paste from just going from .5 to naked kangaroo?

Phil Pasteur
    Participant
    • Topics: 10
    • Replies: 944

My thought is that the kangaroo by itself will likely not do much at all. The whole idea of the ‘Roo is to provide a substrate that DOES NOT contribute to the process, but that lets the abrasive do its work on its own. In theory, this is exactly what you want in a substrate for stropping.

It would be great to see some micrographs of what is going on, but I would bet you could strop for a long time with simply ‘Roo and not do much at all.
    Maybe try some 0.125 or 0.1 micron spray on the other side… that is my approach. I use the 0.050 and 0.025 micron Diamond spray on nanocloth which reportedly contributes even less to the process than the ‘Roo.

Phil

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.