Advanced Search

Just joined up.

Recent Forums Main Forum Welcome Mat Just joined up.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Jeff
    Participant
    • Topics: 1
    • Replies: 0

Owned the WE for about 3 weeks now and have been practicing on thrift store knives. Mostly kitchen at this time. Most knives are taking be about 25 to thirty minutes. Is this because most of them are in pretty poor shape?

I also have my first customer just from talking to friends. She gave me 8 CASE XX kitchen knives and they are in terrible shape. Many years old. Anyone know anything about these knives. There is a picture attached.

I’ll look in the knife DB as well

Hope to be here on a regular basis.

Real name is Jeff.

Buddydudder is a nickname I got at a Subdudes concert.

Thanks in advance for any insight,

Have a great day.

Mark76
    Participant
    • Topics: 179
    • Replies: 2760

Hey Jeff, welcome to the forum! I hope you enjoy your WEPS.

If you’re reprofiling a knife, it’s pretty normal to spend 30 mins on it. The good news is that, provided you recorded the sharpening angle and knife position, touching up is a breeze: you can do this in a few minutes.

I’ve never heard of CASE XX knives. But maybe someone else has. There’s no picture, by the way.

Molecule Polishing: my blog about sharpening with the Wicked Edge

Josh
    Participant
    • Topics: 89
    • Replies: 1672

Hey! Welcome Jeff!

If I remember correctly those case xx knives are all slipjoints, no? If so, be very careful about how you mount them as 1. they are a thin blade (from spine to edge) and 2. they are full flat ground (ffg) so you will need to take special measures to ensure that they are properly clamped. This video may help you…

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.