Advanced Search

Just Joined the Forum

Recent Forums Main Forum Welcome Mat Just Joined the Forum

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Anthony Delgado
    Participant
    • Topics: 1
    • Replies: 2

Waiting for my WE to be delivered today. I’ve always loved sharp knives for both cooking and pocket carry. I’ve used Lansky systems in the past as well as crock sticks and the like. I figured it was time to get the best. I do have a Tormek system I’ve been using for my turning tools and can turn out some pretty sharp knives as well, but I wanted something that didn’t require water, or going down to the basement either.

Hope to learn a lot from you folks.

cbwx34
    Participant
    • Topics: 57
    • Replies: 1505

Welcome to the forum! 🙂

Have you seen the Tormek – Small Knife Jig, we’ve (or at least I) sorta adapted to the WE?

Have fun!

Mark76
    Participant
    • Topics: 179
    • Replies: 2760

Welcome to the forum, Gary! Have lots of fun with your WEPS. And if you want to learn… a lot of material here. And stupid questions don’t exist.

Molecule Polishing: my blog about sharpening with the Wicked Edge

Anthony Delgado
    Participant

Looks like an interesting adaptation. My Tormek is about 15 years old and all the jigs are metal. I don’t have anything that looks like that.
    It would solve my first problem though. Decided to start with my CRKT M16-10Z working at 15 degrees. Mounted in the upper position and the stones hit the aluminum clamp assembly. I’m guessing I just have to work it until clearance is established? Or perhaps mount the knife higher and not rest it on the two pronged guide?

cbwx34
    Participant
    • Topics: 57
    • Replies: 1505

Yup, you can mount the knife higher in the clamp, and gain an extra degree or two. Just keep track of what you do, so you can duplicate as needed.

Anthony Delgado
    Participant

I did try that after reading some of the FAQ on the site. And it did work out OK. I believe I saw a note regarding the use of hex keys for repeatable positioning. I’ll have to look into that, or some other spacer material.
    Now I’m waiting for my 800/1000 stones. I guess just like my shooting hobby, it never ends.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.