Advanced Search

Junk Knives

Recent Forums Main Forum Knife Photos Junk Knives

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Daniel maloon
    Participant
    • Topics: 10
    • Replies: 209

A few weeks ago on a different thread Leo said “What I would say that should you find a worthwhile knife be it the steel or the shape it could well be worth the work to remove the imperfections that in reality is very rewarding . ” i completely agree. I regularly look for cheap knives that can be saved and fix them up. I usually find them at flea markets but occasionally will have customers give me knives if they are not wanted orif the cost to fix it outweighs the cost of the knife. Here’s one work in progress i recently got. Anyone else have before and after shots of fixed up knives?

Leo Barr
    Participant
    • Topics: 26
    • Replies: 812

Looks like they were really good junk knives rare to get `Japanese junk knives I have a mac dimpled Santuku that had a big whole in the blade where is chipped on a fruit stone it took a lot of work to put right and could possible still do with some.
    Its the knife at the bottom of the picture!

Ziggy
    Participant
    • Topics: 11
    • Replies: 177

No Pics but have remade plenty for customers.

Once the Spring hits, gonna hit the farmers markets and peek about for some diamonds in the rough.

Daniel maloon
    Participant
    • Topics: 10
    • Replies: 209

Diamonds in the rough make markets fun to go to. I mainly try to pick up old carbon kitchen knives but whatever.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.