Advanced Search

Is there something wrong with these stones?

Recent Forums Main Forum Sharpener and Accessory Maintenance Is there something wrong with these stones?

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Al B
    Participant
    • Topics: 2
    • Replies: 6

I recently bought a PP1 and the fine ceramics. I’ve only used them once and decided to give them a rinse and a lite wash before I used them tonight and this is what they look like. The 1600 grit almost has a tacky feel to it. Kind of weird.

Mark76
    Participant
    • Topics: 179
    • Replies: 2760

My microfine ceramics look exactly like that. I also wondered whether that is ok. But they work fine… :cheer:

Molecule Polishing: my blog about sharpening with the Wicked Edge

cbwx34
    Participant
    • Topics: 57
    • Replies: 1505

Welcome to the forum.

They look fine. They still look a little wet? … that will make them feel different. If they dry and still feel that way, and you don’t like it, you can lightly rub them together and see if that takes care of it.

Have fun!

Alfredo Luna
    Participant
    • Topics: 1
    • Replies: 8

Mine are also new an look the same.

cbwx34
    Participant
    • Topics: 57
    • Replies: 1505

I should have mentioned it in my other post… but also be aware that there’s a bit of a “crust” on the stones from how they’re made… rubbing them together, or after a bit of use… you’ll see a change in how they feel/work.

Al B
    Participant
    • Topics: 2
    • Replies: 6

Thanks for the replys. The only ceramics that I am familiar with are the ones made by Spyderco and they are totally different. Do these ones wear?

DARRELL ALLEN
    Participant
    • Topics: 15
    • Replies: 113

Mine are also new an look the same.

+1

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.