Advanced Search

Is more posts per page possible?

Recent Forums Main Forum Suggestion Box Is more posts per page possible?

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    cbwx34
    Participant
    • Topics: 57
    • Replies: 1505

I was just wondering if it’s possible to change a setting so there’s more posts viewable per page? With some of these threads that have pictures/graphs etc., having it on one page would make things a bit easier.

Just a suggestion! 🙂

Leo James Mitchell
    Participant
    • Topics: 64
    • Replies: 687

A good suggestion Curtis. I am not sure if it is possible but pehaps Clay can find out from the Webmaster. If he doesn’t see this suggestion, I will put it forward to him.

Cheers
    Leo

wickededge
    Keymaster
    • Topics: 123
    • Replies: 2938

Good idea CBW, thank you. I’ll pass it along.

I was just wondering if it’s possible to change a setting so there’s more posts viewable per page? With some of these threads that have pictures/graphs etc., having it on one page would make things a bit easier.

Just a suggestion! 🙂

-Clay

cbwx34
    Participant

Bump…. did this ever get looked into? 🙂

wickededge
    Keymaster

Reminding webmaster now… Thanks for the bump.

-Clay

craftyhack
    Participant
    • Topics: 5
    • Replies: 48

Just another bump, maybe you need a break on working on the Industrial offering :D. I like to have as many posts per page as possible, to keep the flow of the conversation as I read fast, and clicking a bunch of times to finish a thread isn’t ideal for that.

wickededge
    Keymaster

Just another bump, maybe you need a break on working on the Industrial offering :D. I like to have as many posts per page as possible, to keep the flow of the conversation as I read fast, and clicking a bunch of times to finish a thread isn’t ideal for that.

I will push a little harder with the webmaster right now. I won’t lay off the industrial offering though 🙂

-Clay

craftyhack
    Participant

I won’t lay off the industrial offering though 🙂

LOL, are you a workaholic by chance? In case you are, looking forward to the serration sharpening accessory you have mentioned you had some ideas on. Unlike me it seems like the majority doesn’t, but I like combo knives almost as much as plain edge(for some use cases), but I don’t necessarily like the serrations that come with the knives i get. Sharpening capabilities would be sweet (I think that may be half he reason I don’t like them, they are too dull or profiles weird so do more ripping than cutting), but if your idea includes a way to reprofile serrations (i.e. turning sharp teeth into more curved serrations), that would be pretty awesome! Even neater… if you made accessories (assuming we had the equipment to make the additional cuts), to add Veff type serrations to plain edge blades, that would be AWESOME. Or, perhaps you could expand your offering to include kits to do things like add serrations as opposed to us buying standard grinders, cuting wheels, etc. that are fine for knife work, but not *tailered for it, i.e. don’t have easy ways to repeat what you have previously done like with the key system on the WE. I would stand in line for one of those :D.

Sorry if I keep asking for stuff, just so excited about the possibilities with this system as you grow it, they are endless, I could go on forever :).

Chris
    Participant
    • Topics: 7
    • Replies: 351

I like to have as many posts per page as possible,

Options for the user to select “posts per page” view would be best.
    10/20/40 etc.

Many forums do this.

craftyhack
    Participant

I like to have as many posts per page as possible,

Options for the user to select “posts per page” view would be best.
    10/20/40 etc.

Many forums do this.[/quote]
    Ya, all of the ones I frequent do, my favorite option is 100 (which is usually the highest), or to rephrase my fav option is the highest, and 100 is typically the highest I see (I have seen a couple do 200, even better :)).

cbwx34
    Participant

Thanks for the bump… looks like we got a few more posts (10 now) per page.

(Still not satisfied though)…. :whistle: 👿

🙂

cbwx34
    Participant

I discovered something some of you might find of interest…

If a thread has multiple pages, if you click on a link for any page except one, you get a link that looks like this:

/index.php?option=com_kunena&func=view&catid=6&id=892&limit=10&limitstart=10&Itemid=63

Notice the part in bold? If you change it to something like this…

/index.php?option=com_kunena&func=view&catid=6&id=892&limit=40&limitstart=0&Itemid=63

… start at 0 and limit can be whatever you want… you’ll see more posts per page.

Beats flipping back and forth! 🙂

Phil Pasteur
    Participant
    • Topics: 10
    • Replies: 944

Great stuff CBW…
    !!

Phil

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.