Advanced Search

Infidel and 7 kitchen knives today

Recent Forums Main Forum Sharpening as a Business Infidel and 7 kitchen knives today

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    tuffy braithwaite
    Participant
    • Topics: 184
    • Replies: 360

Friday at the Virginia Beach Farmers market was finally a pretty good day.

One fellow dropped off a Nice Benchmade “INFIDEL” and 3 sets of pinking shears and then a lady pulls up with a gathering of kitchen knives (7). I like it. will sharpen Infidel tomorrow or sun. fixed the point today.

some pics at the end

Good luck to everyone – see u on the bay for Saturday hunting for yellow metal…

Mikedoh
    • Topics: 38
    • Replies: 570

I have a mini infidel. Snappy little devil.

Eamon Mc Gowan
    Participant
    • Topics: 17
    • Replies: 513

In California, if you are caught carrying a knife of that type? they charge you with a felony. Ouch!

Tuffy I was watching “blasting cap or AA” and was admiring your ocean front. Never been to your part of the country? It looks real pretty!!

tuffy braithwaite
    Participant

In California, if you are caught carrying a knife of that type? they charge you with a felony. Ouch!

Tuffy I was watching “blasting cap or AA” and was admiring your ocean front. Never been to your part of the country? It looks real pretty!!

ILLEGAL here as well, only police, emt’s, seals, etc can carry.

tuffy braithwaite
    Participant

Infidel done now – nasty rainy day today, so i got the WE and set it up.
    7 min. vid –

Leo Barr
    Participant
    • Topics: 26
    • Replies: 812

Thats a good job done.

Gib Curry
    Participant
    • Topics: 18
    • Replies: 240

Infidel done now – nasty rainy day today, so i got the WE and set it up.

I’ve been thinking about how I would approach that blade since you first mentioned it. How do I bring both edges together and both sides — down to that point?

The repeatability of the WE helps when you have to flip the knife and precisely repeat what you just did on the other side, I would imagine/assume.

~~~~

I may again believe in Santa…. almost a Christmas Gift, I was digging through some old boxes of my Dad’s I hadn’t cleaned out in 10 years. I found a knife blade blank — a spear point. I can already see I need to keep an eye on keeping it “plumb” in the vise. If I don’t embarrass myself, I’ll post progress photos.

I’m off to explore the Search functions of both this Forum and then Google to see if I can find videos and, especially, really high-level magnification photos. I want to be able to see and be able to visualize how everything come down to that point. (Visions of mirror images dance in my mind’s eye!)

If anyone has links or photos or advice, please reply.

Tuffy, I am so impressed with your work and have learned so much watching your videos.

To my eye…. Beautiful. Really beautiful.

Thank you.

Happy New Year.

~~~~
    For Now,

Gib

Φ

"Everyday edge for the bevel headed"

"Things work out best for those who make the best out of the way things work out."

Mikedoh
    • Topics: 38
    • Replies: 570

Nice job Tuffy.

I get paranoid about getting metal dust into the actions of my autos/assisted/ and even my folders, so I always tape off
    that area where blade enters handle to seal it.

2¢

Robert Nash
    Participant
    • Topics: 5
    • Replies: 164

Hey Tuffy/Max – glad that infidel came out good – nice job
    Happy New Year to ya! 🙂

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.