Advanced Search

How to login to forum on mobile

Recent Forums Main Forum Off Topic How to login to forum on mobile

Viewing 9 posts - 16 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • Author
    developer (ChrisB)
    Keymaster
    • Topics: 52
    • Replies: 263

The login buttons are back, on mobile in portrait mode, and for the iPad.

Thanks for your patience, please let me know if you see any issues.

Working to make knife.wickededgeusa.com a great forum!

dulledge
    Participant
    • Topics: 12
    • Replies: 183

The login buttons are back, on mobile in portrait mode, and for the iPad. Thanks for your patience, please let me know if you see any issues.

Looks and works fine on cell android. Thank you!

Mark76
    Participant
    • Topics: 179
    • Replies: 2760

Chris, now the new site is nearly perfect (great work!), there’s something so small I didn’t even want to suggest it for some time. Many sites use an icon to identify themselves on a tab or as a link on the bookmarks bar. I think it makes them look a little bit more professional.

The main WE site seems to have an icon, both on the bookmarks bar and on the tabs. Here in Edge (but I tried it in Chrome, too):

But the forum, which sort of is a different site, does not have an icon in these places. Here in Chrome:

If it is not a lot of work (it looks simple, but I don’t know whether it is simple to implement), maybe the WE site, including the forum, could get an icon in all places.

Molecule Polishing: my blog about sharpening with the Wicked Edge

1 user thanked author for this post.
    developer (ChrisB)
    Keymaster

Thanks Mark! That was an oversight, and I’ve added our favicon to the forum and knowledge base. I appreciate you bringing it to our attention.

3 users thanked author for this post.
    Mark76
    Participant

Hey, it already works! Great job.

Mark76
    Participant

Chris, I’ve got another one in the area of small things. It would be nice if we could add a signature to each forum message. I think that was possible on the previous forum and it’s possible on many other forums. But again, I don’t know how much work it is to implement.

cb-testing
    Participant
    • Topics: 0
    • Replies: 1

This is a test reply by ChrisB using a non-admin user account, to see if a signature appears.

Just a test signature to see if it shows up.

developer (ChrisB)
    Keymaster

Updating this post, because we’ve added the Signature to the Edit Profile page.

I believe there’s a workaround for now; while logged in to the forum, if you go to https://knife.wickededgeusa.com/wp-admin/profile.php you should be able to add a signature (scroll down the page).

The link above gives you access to your underlying wordpress user account, whereas the forum profile sits a level above that, and currently it doesn’t “expose” the signature option – that’s what we’ll work to add. So, this workaround is a bit confusing for everyday use, but should allow you to get er done right now.

PS – I tested this with a non-admin user, but please let me know if it doesn’t work for you.

Attachments:
    Mark76
    Participant

Thanks Chris, it even works retroactively , I now see.

Do you know if there is a way to include a hyperlink in a signature? – Edit – Yes, there is. 

1 user thanked author for this post.
Viewing 9 posts - 16 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.