Advanced Search

Hi Everybody

Recent Forums Main Forum Welcome Mat Hi Everybody

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Timothy Thomas
    Participant
    • Topics: 1
    • Replies: 2

My name is Tim
    I am a commercial fisherman based out of Garibaldi Oregon ( Tillamook Bay)
    I have had a knife in my pocket since I was 8 years old and feel totally naked if I don’t . Since I am a fisherman I can hand sharpen a knife very well but always strive for perfection. I have found that in the Wicked Edge. Thanks to Clay for developing a system so simple yet delivering the perfection we all strive for.
    I have been lurking around this forum learning all I can from the wealth of information gathered here, it really is outstanding.
    Here is my setup. I am ambidextrous so I use 2 Plano 3700 series to hold the stones that contain each stone in progression for each hand. They go form the box to the rods and back to the box.. Keeps things nice and tidy all the time.
    I just ordered the Pro Pac II upgrade and I’m sure they will be great!!
    I hope these photos are OK I had to take them on my basement floor and the lighting wasn’t very good.

Josh
    Participant
    • Topics: 89
    • Replies: 1672

Welcome Tim!! I’m sure you will be the envy of all your fisherman buds! Let us know if you have any questions! I’m curious as to your feedback on the best edge for fish!

Timothy Thomas
    Participant

Their are a couple guys that fillet for a living. The use Dexters and hold them almost flat to their stones then use a sharpening steel between fish. Their knives are super sharp as they can loin out a tuna in no time

Mark76
    Participant
    • Topics: 179
    • Replies: 2760

Hi Tim,

Welcome to the forum! And thanks for the photographs. Funny you use these Plano boxes. I use them as well and the only place you can get them here is at fishermen’s shops – and I am not a fisherman 😉 .

Enjoy your WEPS!

Molecule Polishing: my blog about sharpening with the Wicked Edge

Timothy Thomas
    Participant

Right!! They work great and I have one for my left hand and one for the right hand
    Thanks..

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.