Advanced Search

Hi

Recent Forums Main Forum Welcome Mat Hi

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Mike Perry
    Participant
    • Topics: 1
    • Replies: 1

Thought for fun I’d say Hi and show the knife I received. A Chris Caine Signature Survival Tool.

Took it out of the box and tried er out by making some kindling. Does the job decently., while not a pocket knife it fits the hand and works great. Then it was time to tweak it, up to [/URL]]10,000 and last strop was the .125 micron spray on a balsa platen. Still needs more work but for a first time at the bench the edge is better [/URL]]now.

I have had my Pro-Pack II for about a month or longer now, I think. Nothing with an edge has not met my Pro-Pack to be re-profiled and sharpened to the point were my wife said the kitchen knives are to sharp ?! go figure.

I did make a tree to hold my various stones, though. It sits under the [/URL]]base so the weight of the stones does not drag it [/URL]]over.

Eamon Mc Gowan
    Participant
    • Topics: 17
    • Replies: 513

Welcome, Wow that 10,000 puts a nice shine on! Looks like your fully addicted to the We too? Really like your stone tree. I’ve got an idea for one? Now if it ever makes out of my head?

Ken Buzbee
    Participant
    • Topics: 14
    • Replies: 393

I like the tree! You might want to reorganize your stones with coarsest at the bottom, finest at the top to minimize cross contamination. My luck would be a 100 grit partical would land on my 1000 grit stone 🙂

Not really an issue if you clean them before use, I suppose but an easy thing to change.

Ken

Jende Industries
    Participant
    • Topics: 14
    • Replies: 342

Looking good!

Love the tree idea, too! B)

Geocyclist
    Participant
    • Topics: 25
    • Replies: 524

Like the tree too! :woohoo:

Mike Perry
    Participant
    • Topics: 1
    • Replies: 1

Actually thats a great point KenBuzbee, the contamination thing was the reason for the tree. Stuff rattling around in the box. I clean after use, before use and during use 1 flake of steel and it ruins that pretty line. One issue with the tree though reaching over a sharp knife in the vise …….. Addicted to wildly wicked sharp !

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.