Advanced Search

Here is a suggestion

Recent Forums Main Forum Knife Photos Here is a suggestion

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive
    • Topics: 14
    • Replies: 427

My intention is only to help. IM new here but not new to web based forums.. This forum called Phife photos, is the name of the forum. The problem is that everyone who posts a knife, opens his own topic withing the foum, ( this means you have to click on each topic within the forumopen it up what for it to load and then view it.  IN other forums I’m involved with. everyone just posts a picture and a comment under the heading knife photos. this allows anyone viewing the knife forum to scroll without clicking on everyone who post within that forum… if 50 people post a picture of their knife, in this format, you have to click 50 times in order to open a new knife If 50 people posed in the same forum you could just scroll down without having to click on each comment that included a person personal knife… this would still allow you to make comments on a specific knife.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Pretend this was posted by member number 28  Joe the shmoe with his avatar ( not mine )

my 50 year old Buck

Anonymous
    Inactive

Pretend this was posted by member number 128 Irving Witherspoon with his avatar and not mine

My first attempt to make a knife from scratch

Anonymous
    Inactive

Pretend this was posted by Sally Ann Shultz member number 89. With her Avatar and not mine.

anyone know who makes this knife?

Anonymous
    Inactive

OK I made three fictitious posts, in the same thread as if three different people posted, and you did not have to click on each posters topic to see the picture or any comments by them. you also have the ability to comment .

there should only be three or 4 actual forum.  under which any number of topic  ( threads )can be posted.,

forums:

wicked edge products ( related topics )

Knives ( related topics )

Off topic  ( news, Politics, cars, cats, dogs , etc )

Wicked edge website ( related topics… Development suggestions etc. )

With 44 seperate forums, its possible to cross post in more than one forum. Forums are the first level of filters. people who are looking for wicked edge help wont be looking through topics that would be in the off topics forum section.

they also  would not be looking for wicked edge products help in the knife forum.

Nor would they be looking for wicked edge products in the knife forum.

Like I said with 44 places to post your thread, you could select several forums of the 44 that now exist to place your topic. this makes navigating the forum very difficult to find the right place to post, or the right forum to view something specific.

wickededge
    Keymaster
    • Topics: 123
    • Replies: 2938

Thanks! I see exactly what you mean. I can’t believe that’s never come up before.

-Clay

Anonymous
    Inactive

I’ve been doing this stuff for a very long time ( 30 years )…. I’m not looking to be a hero… and especially not to be known as a know it all… IM just offering some help…. You have to understand that for many, the internet can be a scary place.  Navigation has to be simple, but also… it has to be fun…. Creating a community of loyal W.E.

users , can only benefit W.E.     Lots of people consider the W.E. system but might be hesitant because of the cost…  when people come here and see lots of people from all walks of life, talking about their W.E.    It will make a potential buyer less gun shy about the cost.   For me, One of my adage’s is , I cant afford to buy anything too cheap…. it cost more in the long run.  Buy something cheap, be disappointed in its functionality, throw it in a drawer somewhere, then go out and buy what you should have bought in the first place.

The End

Bill aka ET

The W.E. is not a toy, its a serious piece of equipment , guaranteeing you wont have to spend a dime on any other system.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.