Advanced Search

Help! Need to find special clamp for small knives

Recent Forums Main Forum Welcome Mat Help! Need to find special clamp for small knives

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    Peter Zimmer
    Participant
    • Topics: 4
    • Replies: 8

I saw a device for clamping a knife by the handle, that then can be clamped into the wicked edge for sharpening small blades. I can’t remember if I saw it here, or in the blade forums. Now I can’t remember what it was called (what company) and can’t find it anywhere. I’ve seen it in Amazon and eBay, but now I can’t find the right serch words. It’s made to attach to a professional grinder.
    Please help.

SHVentus
    Participant
    • Topics: 14
    • Replies: 64
    Gregg776
    Participant
    • Topics: 1
    • Replies: 59

Here are a couple of pictures with the smallest knife I could find. The blade is about 1 1/4 inches long. I wrapped the handle with chamois to keep it stable.
    The ball near the point is a stop to keep me from running the stones off the point and ruining it and keeps me from doing something stupid like opening up my hand. The stop is made from Ram Mount parts.

Gregg776
    Participant
    • Replies: 59

I tried sending two separate pictures, but the website published two of the same. Here is the second one

Attachments:
    Peter Zimmer
    Participant

Wow thanks guys. I was going crazy trying to find this thing.

Peter Zimmer
    Participant

Thanks again. Ordered. I found a Canadian supplier.

Peter Zimmer
    Participant

Thanks again guys. I got my knife jig, and it’s perfect. It’s smaller and lighter in real life.
    Even if you don’t use it a lot, it’s a great accessory to have standing by for when you do.

DeeR
    Participant
    • Topics: 3
    • Replies: 20

Looks like a great idea . Do you need longer paddle rods when using this knife holder? If so, or even if not, do you know where to order some longer rods?

Peter Zimmer
    Participant

No. The regular rods work fine. I sharpened a Kiwi 4 on it today.

Josh
    Participant
    • Topics: 89
    • Replies: 1672

Looks like a great idea . Do you need longer paddle rods when using this knife holder? If so, or even if not, do you know where to order some longer rods?

personally I got the 2″ longer rods and I absolutely LOVE them. It yields even greater consistency since the paddle does not slip off of the end of the rod as you get up to the top of it. You absolutely don’t NEED them but they are nice to have!

Peter Zimmer
    Participant

Actually mine is PP2 with the ball joints. I think the rods are a little longer, but I think the regular ones should be long enough.
    This knife jig is mostly for small knives, so you don’t need the length for long sweeps.

Daniel Nash
    Participant
    • Replies: 22

Been off the forum for a little while. Where can you get these longer arms? Was thinking earlier today they would be nice.

Thanks,
    Dan

Josh
    Participant
    • Topics: 89
    • Replies: 1672

Actually mine is PP2 with the ball joints. I think the rods are a little longer, but I think the regular ones should be long enough.
    This knife jig is mostly for small knives, so you don’t need the length for long sweeps.[/quote]
    Yeah they are I think but I got 2″ longer than the stock pp2 arms from bob at oldawan tools.

DeeR
    Participant
    • Topics: 3
    • Replies: 20

Thanks Josh, I’ve been considering the longer rods as a result of watching your instructional video. It’s one of the most informative I’ seen for WE users and I’ve watched many over the past couple years. Thank you for sharing your expertise. Just bought a swivel vice at Home Depot for $15. Excited to try it.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.