Advanced Search

Helloooooo

Recent Forums Main Forum Welcome Mat Helloooooo

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Jonny
    Participant
    • Topics: 12
    • Replies: 40

Been getting into some higher end knives and subsequently discovered the art of sharpening that accompanies a great knife. I’m a very detailed (bordeline OCD) person and have fallen in love with the detail and intricacy of knife sharpening. To be honest I’m trying to get my head around sharpening, setup/stones and whether the WEPS or Edge Pro might suit me better.

Thanks in advance for any info.

Mark76
    Participant
    • Topics: 179
    • Replies: 2760

Hey JDS,

Welcome to the forums! If you’ve got any questions, don’t hesitate to ask.

If you’re into details, I guess you’re at the right address. There’s been quite a few posts here with microscope photographs. You may also want to check my blog. I love sharpening with a microscope, since it make the art of sharpening a bit into a science where you can actually see and know what is going on.

And now we’re all waiting for Clay’s first pictures from his 2000x microscope 😀 .

Molecule Polishing: my blog about sharpening with the Wicked Edge

Jonny
    Participant
    • Topics: 12
    • Replies: 40

Yes, I think I found my purpose in life, LOL! I am already truly in love with this kind of intricacy… can’t wait to add this to my obsession list.

Thank you again for your info on my other questions. I will be reading your blog and anything else I can find on microscopes. Although I haven’t even started, I really can’t imagine doing this without truly seeing whats going on on a microscopic level. I’m assuming you have (in your blog or on this site) links to microscopes/prices, but if not, could you direct my please. Will go through your blog with a fine tooth comb when I get home from work.

Thomas Meeks
    Participant
    • Topics: 4
    • Replies: 17

Seems there are several of us noobs (I am one) here on the WEPS forums. I think we’ll all be on the learning curve together. This is gonna be cool!

My set arrives tomorrow, it’s going to be a long day at work!

I, like you, was between the Edge Pro and WEPS and chose WEPS because of the clamp and being able to get consistent angles etc. On EP, the knife is hand held to an extent and therefore variable.

At any rate, good luck in your research!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.