Advanced Search

Hello from Sugarland Tejas

Recent Forums Main Forum Welcome Mat Hello from Sugarland Tejas

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Bryan Marshall
    Participant
    • Topics: 1
    • Replies: 3

Hey guys new to the Forum just wanted to say hello. I just ordered my WE Pro 1 can’t wait till it shows up to do some sharpening

Geocyclist
    Participant
    • Topics: 25
    • Replies: 524

Welcome, have fun. :cheer:

Bill Wood
    Participant
    • Topics: 5
    • Replies: 30

Welcome aboard

If you have any question don’t hesitate to ask, there are many knowledgeable souls more than willing to help you.

R. Jeffrey Coates
    Participant
    • Topics: 9
    • Replies: 55

Hello.

What type of knives will you be sharpening?

Jende Industries
    Participant
    • Topics: 14
    • Replies: 342

Welcome aboard! B)

Bryan Marshall
    Participant

I have some old Buck Knives, a Few Knives of Alaska, some nice kitchen knives and few others.

Ken Buzbee
    Participant
    • Replies: 393

I have some old Buck Knives, a Few Knives of Alaska, some nice kitchen knives and few others.

Welcome! Back in the mid 80s I lived in Katy. Not too far.

One thing you’ll read hear a few times. Grab a couple older/beater knives for your first few. Both to break in your stones and get a feel for the WEPS. Always temping to throw your favorite knife on first but you’ll learn a few things on those first 2-3 that’ll make that favorite knife come out even better.

Ken

Bryan Marshall
    Participant

Hey Kenbuzbee,

Katy has exploded since you were here unless you have been back you would not even recognize it. Thanks for the good advice I am going to start with some cheap knives to get the hang of the system. I guess there is still a shipping delay on the kits or something because I ordered my kit a week ago and I was just told it would not ship till mid April. Hopefully it will show up in the next couple of weeks

Bryan

Ken Buzbee
    Participant
    • Replies: 393

Katy has exploded since you were here unless you have been back you would not even recognize it.

Hi Bryan,

Yeah, I looked up my old house a couple months ago on google. Hardly recognized the place. It really has grown. Our subdivision was basically set in the middle of a cow pasture 😉

Ken

Eamon Mc Gowan
    Participant
    • Topics: 17
    • Replies: 513

One thing you’ll read hear a few times. Grab a couple older/beater knives for your first few. Both to break in your stones and get a feel for the WEPS. Always temping to throw your favorite knife on first but you’ll learn a few things on those first 2-3 that’ll make that favorite knife come out even better.

Welcome! I actually ordered in 15 cheap two dollars moras and I’m glad I did. I would say and from what I read that the break in is a lot closer to six knifes really finding their way around ten? I found that to be true. Plus there is a learning curve that goes along with it too. It is quick but none the less it is still there. Good luck and have fun!!

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.