Advanced Search

Hello from Canada, eh!

Recent Forums Main Forum Welcome Mat Hello from Canada, eh!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Nicholas Angeja
    Participant
    • Topics: 6
    • Replies: 51

Hey there wicked edge forum,

I kind of do things backwards, so after spending a few months on this forum i’m finally writing on the welcome mat 😛

I’m joining you guys from Canada, my name is Nicholas, I purchased my WEPS Pro pack 1 and a few accessories last year in June from target gallery’s in Edmonton, Alberta. The owner, Guy, was a pleasure to deal with. We had to correspond via e-mail and he was more then helpful. Pretty sure its the only WEPS retailer in Canada now 🙁 I spent months debating on spending the money on this and i’m so happy I did. Guy made it possible to purchase and have the base shipped for a decent price. He also was able to provide options in terms of ceramics, stropping options, and compounds.

Since purchasing my WEPS I’ve learned a lot about sharpening and realized that there is so much more information out there to learn. My technique has changed multiple times since that first experience with the WEPS, most recently my techniques have evolved mainly because of information available on this forum. This is one of the best places to learn about knife sharpening and different techniques associated with knife sharpening.

Anyways, cheers to the wicked edge team for putting out a great product out and providing a place where people are free to share their opinions and thoughts about your product and anything else.

Here you can see my current set-up

and the beginning of an OCD sharpening monster in the making, my excel speadsheet attached
    [attachment:1]C:fakepathWEPS Knife Log.xlsx[/attachment]

if that doesn’t work you can check it outHere

Well thats me,

Cheers

cbwx34
    Participant
    • Topics: 57
    • Replies: 1505

Nice setup… like how you’re documenting your sharpening with microscope pics within your spreadsheet as you sharpen. Should make for a useful database over time.

Be careful having your computer that close though… you may want to get some magnets and put on your WE, so the metal dust doesn’t get in your laptop. Just a thought.

Thanks for the info! Welcome (again)! 🙂

wickededge
    Keymaster
    • Topics: 123
    • Replies: 2938

Just checked out your photos and spreadsheet – totally awesome! Thank you for sharing it. Have you added those knives to the database?

-Clay

Nicholas Angeja
    Participant
    • Topics: 6
    • Replies: 51

Just checked out your photos and spreadsheet – totally awesome! Thank you for sharing it. Have you added those knives to the database?

Not yet, just fine tuning everything before I share my mounting specs, but as soon as I do they’ll be share 🙂

Nice setup… like how you’re documenting your sharpening with microscope pics within your spreadsheet as you sharpen. Should make for a useful database over time.

Be careful having your computer that close though… you may want to get some magnets and put on your WE, so the metal dust doesn’t get in your laptop. Just a thought.

Thanks for the info! Welcome (again)!

Thanks, I’ve been updating my set up hard for a couple weeks now, since that photo i’ve added a few rare earth magnets and a resting board for the rods. Actually, here is what my set-up looks today.

My goal this year is to acquire the japanese water stones for my collection, I am also reading a lot about the Shapton stones and was wondering if Ken is still producing them? I’m currently purchasing kitchen knives from blacksmiths in japan, i’m really getting into the the pure carbon and some of the new steels such as R2 steel. I purchased my first blue carbon 2 a month ago and have been reluctant to use it because I really don’t want to use diamond on them:P I’m just patiently waiting at this point for stones 🙂

Thanks for the wonderful information guys 🙂

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.