Advanced Search

Hello from a newbie

Recent Forums Main Forum Welcome Mat Hello from a newbie

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    cliff58
    Participant
    • Topics: 5
    • Replies: 20

First post been lurking for awhile,not new to knives or sharpening,just new to the WEPS ,do a lot of hunting,fishing here in the midwest,can always use a sharp knife,anyway just wanted to say hello to everyone,read alot of good articles already,looks like it going to be a good forum!Look forward to posting.

Anonymous
    Inactive
    • Topics: 14
    • Replies: 427

Welcome to the forum from South Easter Pennsylvania.

I subscribe to Gibbs Rule # 9 … Never leave home without a knife.

I actually carry two knives at all times a Swiss Army Huntsman, and a Zero Tolerance tiger 350. to complete my EDC ( every day carry ) I also carry a Kimber 45 ACP with combat defense package,.

cliff58
    Participant

ET,great advice,don’t have my ccw-but I never leave home without a knife,my Buck 110 is alway’s with me-thanks for the welcome.

Anonymous
    Inactive

I carried a Buck 110 for many years. It was my first knife as a kid. Recently I came across my buck, here is a shot it… it is 55 years old.

cliff58
    Participant

Nice!Iwould love to see some Buck knives sharpened on a wicked edge.

Anonymous
    Inactive

I’m going to sharpen this knife using my W.E.  although this knife is very sharp, using the sharp maker, IM going to take it to the next level.

Be nice to see others with a Buck, post a picture of theirs.

cliff58
    Participant

Can’t wait to see it when you are done!My W.E. should be here by the weekend,but I think I’ll do a little practicing before I start on my Buck’s and other good knives.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Can’t wait to see it when you are done!My W.E. should be here by the weekend,but I think I’ll do a little practicing before I start on my Buck’s and other good knives.

Here is what I did… the day I received my W.E. Pro Pac II, I took 12 knives from the drawer in the kitchen. Nothing very special. I could have thrown away any of these knives and not think twice, most were junk and not very sharp.  I spent 10 hours straight, sharpening these knives. After about the third knife, I started to get the feel, the ability to get an edge, adjust for the right angle, and use the cube to against the knife within the vise. since then doing a few knives has become easier and with  a greater sense of what sharp actually is.

Good luck and have fun… when sharpening knives becomes work,,, back away from knife sharpening for a while. When its fun, you can put your heart into it,

Bill aka ET

Mark76
    Participant
    • Topics: 179
    • Replies: 2760

Hey Cliff, welcome to the forum! Enjoy your WEPS! And please don’t hesitate to ask any questions if you have them.

Molecule Polishing: my blog about sharpening with the Wicked Edge

jumpstat
    Participant
    • Topics: 4
    • Replies: 17

Hi there. Welcome. Do spend some time reading on all parts of this forums like I did. I too just started using this system and with the correct knowledge and proper techniques derived from this forum you get the best experience using this system.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.