Advanced Search

Hello Everyone! New to the Fold!

Recent Forums Main Forum Welcome Mat Hello Everyone! New to the Fold!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Tyler Hill
    Participant
    • Topics: 2
    • Replies: 1

Hi Folks,

I just got my first Wicked Edge system (a Pro Pack 1 with granite base) a few days ago. A few words about my purchase experience:
    I placed my order through Oldawan Tools and Mr. Bob Nash. I have to say, it was by far the best consumer experience I’ve had in a long time. Bob called me personally to answer a question about their site and then offered advice on the quickest shipping method (incidentally not the one I picked). Sandra at Oldawan helped change to the quicker method and refunded me the difference. And, when the package I arrived I found a few extras thrown in by Oldawan- two top screws for the vice of different lengths for thin and thick knives, and washers for a tighter mounting to the base (needed). The foresight and attention to detail demonstrated by the fine folks at Oldawan was truly amazing. I had the opportunity to purchase at a lower price through ProMotive, however I believe the extra touches provided by Oldawan completely negated any savings in money. I came away truly impressed.

Sorry for that being a bit more than a “few words”, just felt great business practices should be praised. Now for a quick introduction: I am a 27 year old law enforcement officer currently employed at a large metro-Atlanta agency. I have had several instances lately where a very sharp blade would have made my job that much easier, and after much research I landed on the wicked edge. I’ve tried hand sharpening but could not keep a consistent angle. Even after only 5 knives and my stones not broken in yet, I’d say I have the sharpening bug now for sure.

Thanks for your time and I can’t wait to learn from you guys and contribute my 2 cents to the community where I can lol.

Tyler

Phil Pasteur
    Participant
    • Topics: 10
    • Replies: 944

Welcome Tyler!

Check out the WIKI if you have not yet.
    http://wickededgeusa.com/wiki/index.php?title=Main_Page

Good stuff there.
    Any questions, ask away. Folks here are anxious to help..
    🙂
    Glad to hear about your great experience with Bob. Lots of folks report the same thing!!

Phil Pasteur
    Participant
    • Topics: 10
    • Replies: 944

Somehow my PC.. or the forum hiccupped ..
    Sorry for the near duplicate post!!

Welcome Tyler. I am sure that you will love the WEPS system.

Check out the WIKI if you have not:
    http://wickededgeusa.com/wiki/index.php?title=Main_Page

Lots of good info there.
    Any questions that you may have… ask away. Folks here are anxious to help out.
    Glad to hear of your great experience with Bob! Lots of others have reported the same!!

cbwx34
    Participant
    • Topics: 57
    • Replies: 1505

Welcome to the forum!

Eamon Mc Gowan
    Participant
    • Topics: 17
    • Replies: 513

Hi Folks,

I just got my first Wicked Edge system (a Pro Pack 1 with granite base) a few days ago. A few words about my purchase experience:
    I placed my order through Oldawan Tools and Mr. Bob Nash. I have to say, it was by far the best consumer experience I’ve had in a long time. Bob called me personally to answer a question about their site and then offered advice on the quickest shipping method (incidentally not the one I picked). Sandra at Oldawan helped change to the quicker method and refunded me the difference. And, when the package I arrived I found a few extras thrown in by Oldawan- two top screws for the vice of different lengths for thin and thick knives, and washers for a tighter mounting to the base (needed). The foresight and attention to detail demonstrated by the fine folks at Oldawan was truly amazing. I had the opportunity to purchase at a lower price through ProMotive, however I believe the extra touches provided by Oldawan completely negated any savings in money. I came away truly impressed.

Tyler

I too bought from Bob in fact all my WEP products have come from Oldawan. It is the way I was taught how to treat your customers. “Old school” as the kids say today. No matter what you buy he does a follow up call/email. Best in town!!
    Oh and welcome this place has taught me a tremendous amount!;)

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.