Advanced Search

Hello……..

Recent Forums Main Forum Welcome Mat Hello……..

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Thomas Prince
    Participant
    • Topics: 1
    • Replies: 2

Just saying hi! Ordered the PP2 in mid feb looking forward to getting it. Plan to use it almost exclusively for my food prep knives. I like a very sharp cooking knive and I use them on a daily basis. I have some Globals, some Shun as well as some older Henkel’s and a new high carbon steel Sabitier. Like most of you guys I have been fascinated with sharp knives all of my life.
    I have done quite a bit of woodworking with hand tools so I learned a lot about sharpening and steels. Lots left to learn. One breakthrough I had was with constant angle jigs (eg Tormek) they are great for sharpening plane blades..but too aggressive for fine knives. I looked for a similar set up for my knives and found EP and WEPS. I decided on WEPS mostly because I prefer diamond stones to the water stones for the work I have done in the past. I do prefer water stones to the oil stones and I think water stones are for the true connisure. I just like the ‘get down to business’ of the diamond stones.
    I don’t have a lot of time to spend on these boards, but I thought it a good idea to say hello in case, when I do get my WEPS, I have questions or run into trouble. Take care..

Eamon Mc Gowan
    Participant
    • Topics: 17
    • Replies: 513

Welcome from anther new comer. Your going to have a blast with your new toy! I use mine everyday!

Mark76
    Participant
    • Topics: 179
    • Replies: 2760

Hey Thomas, welcome! I think you’re gonna like your WEPS a lot. If you have any questions, don’t hesitate to ask!

Molecule Polishing: my blog about sharpening with the Wicked Edge

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.