Advanced Search

Happy knife geek!!!

Recent Forums Main Forum Welcome Mat Happy knife geek!!!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Zach Thompson
    Participant
    • Topics: 10
    • Replies: 12

My wife just bought me the Wicked Edge Pro Pack. I’ve been drooling over it for months, but she knows I’m too tight to buy it for myself.

It came in 2 days ago, and it hasn’t had much downtime since. I’m loving it!

I’ve tried to sharpen by hand my whole life with pretty poor results. I bought a Lansky system about 10 years ago and my results improved greatly, but I would spend well over an hour sharpening (and flipping) 1 knife. When I saw the WE online, it was love at first sight. One set-up, and off to the races. Being naturally left handed, but growing up doing everything right handed makes it very easy for me to use both hands simutaneously.

I’m still breaking in the stones, and can’t get a mirror polish yet. I know with time and experience it will come, but the sharpness and time saved are already quantum leaps over anything I’ve ever experienced. Great product!

Now I have a list going for Christmas…Extra coarse diamond, ceramics, maybe some more strops (already cut into one a little). Once I get all my old knives razor sharp, I’ll have an excuse to get more knives!!!

Leo James Mitchell
    Participant
    • Topics: 64
    • Replies: 687

Your wife is very sensitive to your needs my friend…you are a lucky one. Yes, you will probably buy more knives and no doubt a whole slew of new stuff for your WEPS. Congratulations mate. Have fun with your new rig.

All the best
    Leo

Tom Whittington
    Participant
    • Topics: 4
    • Replies: 159

Yes, you will probably buy more knives[…]

Yep, gotta watch out for that! That’s the worst (best?) part of being a gun dealer for me, I also have access to whole catalogs of great knives… Now any time I order stuff somehow one or two sneak in there.

Welcome to the community, Buford! I’m sure you’ll find the forums as enjoyable and helpful as I have. Lot of great folks here.

Ryan Stasel
    Participant
    • Topics: 5
    • Replies: 56

I’m jealous. Mine won’t be here until tomorrow. =(

Mark76
    Participant
    • Topics: 179
    • Replies: 2760

Welcome, Buford! You have a good wife 😉 . By now my girlfriend tolerates my knife hobby and she loves to have sharp kitchen knives, but I haven’t shown her the bill for my Shapton stones 😉 .

You’ll definitely find the people on the forum here helpful, so don’t hesitate to ask if you have any questions!

And, by the way, shouldn’t that cigarette be a cigar or do I confuse you with Rosco P. Coltrane?

Molecule Polishing: my blog about sharpening with the Wicked Edge

Zach Thompson
    Participant
    • Topics: 10
    • Replies: 12

I think it’s Boss Hogg you are thinking about…

Mark76
    Participant
    • Topics: 179
    • Replies: 2760

That’s him! I always liked Boss Hogg better anyway 😉 .

Molecule Polishing: my blog about sharpening with the Wicked Edge

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.