Advanced Search

Grateful for you all :)

Recent Forums Main Forum Off Topic Grateful for you all :)

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    CliffCurry
    Participant
    • Topics: 42
    • Replies: 461

Happy Thanksgiving to everyone on this amazing forum!  Has it really been a whole year already???

This time last year I remember just starting out & was so full of questions….man the sharpening bug bit me hard!!!  Thanks to all for the guidance and support.  Really is the best forum Ive ever been a part of.

For a laugh here is a picture of one of the very first knives I ever tried to sharpen on the wicked edge. #whitewhale…

Talk about biting off more then you can chew.  Really wanted to impress my Auntie and figured Id “just” reprofile and thin the apex down for better slicing. Piece of cake, man way I wrong!

Ended up biting in to the shoulder at least 1/4in back from the apex.  After several hours of hand grinding with the 100 grit stones I gave up with the knife in ruins,  the mirrored face scarred all the heck n back.  Took a friend with a Tormek to get me back on track after I tried orbitals, D/A tools, belt sanders, etc etc etc etc.

Lessons learned early the hard way…easier to NOT make mistakes in steel then repair them!!! LOL

Aloha,

Cliff

Gary
    Participant
    • Topics: 3
    • Replies: 16

Im completely new here as far as posting, but Ive been lurking for about a year. i have learned much and realize there is so much more to learn. Cliff, I have enjoyed reading your posts and watch you experiment and discover mods that really work. I am thankful there is a place like this for folks who are OCD about sharpening blades with the best system on the market in my opinion. Thanks to all for letting me tag along.

Mark76
    Participant
    • Topics: 179
    • Replies: 2760

Wow, that is a whole lotta knife, Cliff. Glad you could get back on track. And welcome, Gary. Enjoy both of your WEPSes!

Molecule Polishing: my blog about sharpening with the Wicked Edge

Anonymous
    Inactive
    • Topics: 14
    • Replies: 427

I’m new here, But not new to forums. I’ve owned a few and have been a serious contributor in many automotive and photographic and gun forums. AS the expertise, content and participation grows, so does the activity.. This is just a virgin seed, that can have a lot of potential,,,, millions of knives are sold daily, and millions of people are interested in knives. Good luck with the is forum, I’m going to try my best to help make it grow, and be fun. BTW, IM not an authority on knives, or Wicked edge. IM just an interested consumer. I’ve also been carrying a knife for 55 years as an EDC.

The one on the right is my first hand built knife.. its 50 years old, and has never has a really good edge. With the receipt of my W.E. Pro II , hopefully that will change.. also that sheath is also 50 years old, and looks like the day I first made it, when I bought the leather and supplies from Tandy leather 50 years ago.

picture taken recently

Bill aka ET

Anonymous
    Inactive
    • Topics: 14
    • Replies: 427

FYI… looks like a glitch in the software… I only posted one Photo-link…but somehow the software posted it twice…

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.