Advanced Search

Go lighter

Recent Forums Main Forum Suggestion Box Go lighter

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Lukas Pop
    Participant
    • Topics: 10
    • Replies: 109

With Wicked Edge I reach very precise sharpening angle and my stones and strops are of great quality, but sometimes my results are better than other times. I think the key element is to keep touch between stones and blade light. In my opinion, lighter paddles and stones could help. This can also reduce fatigue of your hands. I can imagine changes in rods and diamond stone substrate. Rods can be hollow or made of aluminium instead of steel (maybe titan, but it would be expensive). Diamond stone substrate may be changed from steel to aluminimum or some composite material? What do you think?

Pat
    Participant
    • Topics: 16
    • Replies: 114

It is likely this was already considered by Clay during the R&D phase, which would (having a sense of Clay’s attention to detail) likely have been field tested extensively. A balance was likely struck between weight, feel, effectiveness, durability, strength, etc….

I believe that the system is very well balanced and allows for you to increase pressure, then back off when needed. I am able to make extremely light passes when needed without fatique, etc…. If you are getting fatigued, then you may want to consider whether you are using the right grit for your objective or expecting something the system wasn’t meant to accomplish. Just not sure….

I sense from all the reading I have done and the experience with the system I have had that with good broken in stones, progression starting with the right grit should yield excellent results without fatigue, which I haven’t heard much about.

Just my 2 cents…take it or leave it.

Lukas Pop
    Participant
    • Topics: 10
    • Replies: 109

Fatigue depends on whether I do reprofiling or touch ups and whether I do more knives in a row. Some people here do sharpening as a business, theirs experiences with fafigue are welcomed.

Pat
    Participant
    • Topics: 16
    • Replies: 114

I agree that fatigue is certainly possible, especially with major reprofiling jobs.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.