Advanced Search

Get my wicked edge tomorrow.

Recent Forums Main Forum Welcome Mat Get my wicked edge tomorrow.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    jimbo45
    Participant
    • Topics: 3
    • Replies: 39

Well I get my pro pack 2 tomorrow and I don’t that I could be more excited. I’ve always wanted to be able to sharpen my knives really well but have never really been able too. Mostly a lack of having someone to teach me. Then over on the USN I kept seeing something about a wicked edge and from there I knew I needed to get one. I been reading this forum now for a month or two and I have to say most everything I’ve seen has been very positive and helpful which is kind of the same vibe you get over on the USN. These are the only two forums I’ve seen like this where there aren’t some negative elements. I like it and I look forward to continuing my sharpening education the wicked edge and all the helpful people here. As an aside pretty much everyone I told that I was going to get the wicked edge acted like I was crazy to spend that much on a knife sharpener and didn’t appreciate the end result and the pride I’ll be able to have in my edges. Thanks.

jimbo45
    Participant

I forgot the likes as far as knives go I just got my first two striders and am hoping to get two or three medfords before too long. I also enjoy shooting and inshore fishing. I have two dogs an aging basset and mini dachshund as well as a lovely wife who lets me get all types of fun toys.

SHVentus
    Participant
    • Topics: 14
    • Replies: 64

Great! I just got mine Saturday.

Mark76
    Participant
    • Topics: 179
    • Replies: 2760

I been reading this forum now for a month or two and I have to say most everything I’ve seen has been very positive and helpful which is kind of the same vibe you get over on the USN. These are the only two forums I’ve seen like this where there aren’t some negative elements.

Thanks, Jimbo! That’s a huge compliment to all of us here. I guess we all love knives and sharpening and if we can help you in any way, please let us know!

Molecule Polishing: my blog about sharpening with the Wicked Edge

jimbo45
    Participant

Thanks I appreciate it. I’ve read many of your post and I have no doubt that if I have any question your help would be invaluable.

Zamfir
    Participant
    • Topics: 17
    • Replies: 346

I been reading this forum now for a month or two and I have to say most everything I’ve seen has been very positive and helpful which is kind of the same vibe you get over on the USN. These are the only two forums I’ve seen like this where there aren’t some negative elements.

Thanks, Jimbo! That’s a huge compliment to all of us here. I guess we all love knives and sharpening and if we can help you in any way, please let us know![/quote]

It is true. I do not have much time to participate in many forums but this one is worth it. I was lucky when I found this one because of just what jimbo said. I have to agree 100%. I have learned so much and made some new friends. Lots of real scientific work being done in a planned out proper fashion which is about unheard of most times but very important if you want the real truth.

Have fun with your wicked edge Jimbo! Make the bur! make the burr! very important. lol.

jimbo45
    Participant

Thanks.

jimbo45
    Participant

Well spent three hours tonight with the wicked edge and I have to say I’m completely impressed. My stones aren’t broken in and I’m my technique needs work but I have three very sharp knives.

Josh
    Participant
    • Topics: 89
    • Replies: 1672

Well spent three hours tonight with the wicked edge and I have to say I’m completely impressed. My stones aren’t broken in and I’m my technique needs work but I have three very sharp knives.

Awesome! Glad it came in! I bet it was like early Christmas lol. I agree… the USN and here are the two places I spend the most time. Great help in both places!

As you get more comfortable w/ the system and your stones get broken in then you will get better and better edges! While they are being broken in, try lightly stropping the edges w/ the 3-5um pasted strop, only about 5-10 times per side with the angle lowered a couple of dps. I think this will greatly improve your edges even now. Hope this helps!

jimbo45
    Participant

Did some more knives and my stones must be breaking in because I’m getting much better results. I really couldn’t be happier with this purchase.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.