Advanced Search

FNG saying hello

Recent Forums Main Forum Welcome Mat FNG saying hello

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Pat Harrold
    Participant
    • Topics: 1
    • Replies: 0

My WE PP1 and angle cube are scheduled for delivery tomorrow. I have already pulled an old case Western that was last sharpened on a grinder(not by me), a bunch of cheap kitchen knives, and a Mora with a nasty uneven grind out of the knife safe to break the stone in on.

I really can’t say how anal I’ll be getting about my edges. I really just want a long lasting sharp edge on my kitchen knives, an edge that will butcher 2 deer without a touchup on my hunting knives, and maybe a super polished edge on a few of my EDC knives.

That being said…I tend to get a bit, uh, OCD on certain subjects! 😉

My knife tastes run the gamut, from Moras to Kershaws, to Nick Adams hunters/survival to Bailey Bradshaw customs, and everything in between.

I’m really just after a better edge on my daily users, and a super polished edge on some of the customs.

Leo James Mitchell
    Participant
    • Topics: 64
    • Replies: 687

Hi Pat
    Welcome to this Forum where you will find many others who are OCD on the subject of sharpening! LOL! Practically everyone here is always striving to get that edge just a little sharper, to the point they begin to polish individual molecules…eh Tom?! ROTFLMAO
    I hope your rig arrives soon before your fingernails are gnawed down to the quick Pat!

Very best regards
    Leo a molecule polisher

Todd Peters
    Participant
    • Topics: 3
    • Replies: 15

Pat welcome to the rabbit hole!

My WEPS arrived yesterday and I have already sharpened a dozen knives. Brought a couple into work to look at under our microscope and had to make myself quit tonight before it got too late. So now I am on the forum.

I hope you enjoy yours as much as I do mine, they are amazing machines.

Dennis Gocong
    Participant
    • Topics: 0
    • Replies: 93

Welcome, Pat

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.