Advanced Search

Finally received my WEPS!

Recent Forums Main Forum Welcome Mat Finally received my WEPS!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Alan
    Participant
    • Topics: 15
    • Replies: 206

Hey guys. I’ve been around for awhile, but never really properly introduced myself. I guess that’s because I didn’t really feel worthy, not even having a WE and all. I called WE way back in February to order a Pro Pack 2, but right when I was on the phone, I had the WE newsletter on my computer and read of the new Gen 3. So……it has been a very long wait. Well, the wait is finally over, as I finally received my long awaited Gen 3 today! Wow, what a quality piece of hardware! Thanks to you guys, over the months I’ve already learned so much!

I’m an old timer, and I love precision and quality. Clay, thanks for developing such a fine machine. Kudos to you.

Oh yes, my name is Alan. I’m going to no doubt have questions for you guys as I go along. So far I have the 100/200, 400/600, 600/1000, 1200/1600, and strops 1.0 and 0.5. I just got through putting some rubber glove finger tips on the ball micro-adjusts.

So excited!

Alan

Attachments:

Alan

Pinkfloyd
    Participant
    • Topics: 22
    • Replies: 208

Welcome Alan,
    I have the Gen 3 upgrade, not the full blown Gen setup like you just got though (I’m jealous),
    It is a super sweet unit! Good luck in your sharpening endeavors!
    I also use surgical glove fingers to cover the ball joints, but I took a rubber grommet cut it in half and slid that on top of the fingers to act as a bumper for the stone holders, to protect the rubber fingers,
    Good Luck, Good choice!

Dave

Mark76
    Participant
    • Topics: 179
    • Replies: 2760

Welcome, Alan! Enjoy your Gen3! :cheer:

Molecule Polishing: my blog about sharpening with the Wicked Edge

Alan
    Participant
    • Topics: 15
    • Replies: 206

Thanks guys for the welcome aboard. Dave that’s a good idea, I just bought some grommets today for my WEPS.

I made an unboxing video, as I see there are very few Gen 3 Pro videos on Youtube. I thought why not share my fun! 🙂

Check it out here if you like:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zBN_WKLbfsk

Alan

Alan

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.