Advanced Search

Finally, I got my WE

Recent Forums Main Forum Knife Photos Finally, I got my WE

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    yes
    Participant
    • Topics: 2
    • Replies: 3

I got my WE a few days ago. What a tool :cheer:
    I started with a kitchen knife, Global G-6, but I’m not happy with the edge. I will do the knife again and ad some pics.

The 3 knives in the pic below is a Fällkniven S1, a Frosts 345 and a Emerson CQC-8.
    The S1 was easy to do and I used it with trail and error :P. I got shaving edge at 1000# diamond. This knife is a user when I am at work.
    The Frost/Mora is a outdoor knife I have been using since the ’70. Easy to sharp and I use this one when fishing.
    The Emerson is user for everything and I use it hard. It took a nice edge and the pic show the tip at 1000#.
    This knife has a V-grind nowdays and after some work with the WE, edge is nice and cuts well enough 🙂

My next knife will be a swedish AK bayonet. Damn, the steel was hard but once I was done with 100#, the sharpening went smoothly. I started with the false edge, and it is sharp now :woohoo:. I’ll take some more pics when the bayonet is finished.

// Jörgen

cbwx34
    Participant
    • Topics: 57
    • Replies: 1505

Thanks for the post and pictures.

I’m guessing your stones are broken in a little more by now, so that first knife you did should come out better.

Good stuff! 🙂

Mark76
    Participant
    • Topics: 179
    • Replies: 2760

The S1 was easy to do and I used it with trail and error :P. I got shaving edge at 1000# diamond. This knife is a user when I am at work.

Nice pictures, Jorgen! Great you were able to do your S1 so easily. I once tried its larger brother, the F1. That gave me some challenges[/url], but I also managed.

It’d be cool to see the bayonet!

Molecule Polishing: my blog about sharpening with the Wicked Edge

yes
    Participant
    • Topics: 2
    • Replies: 3

I think that my S1 did’nt needed much re-profiling. When I compare to the bayonet, the false edge needed a new edge profile. I took hundreds of strokes with 100# 😆
    I am happy with the edge now at 1000# 🙂

Nice blog mark76!

Dennis Gocong
    Participant
    • Topics: 0
    • Replies: 93

Very cool, Jörgen

I need to start practicing the photo attachment process more, since it does provide greater content impact as your exampled here.

Great work!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.