Advanced Search

dove opener

Recent Forums Main Forum Off Topic dove opener

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Daniel maloon
    Participant
    • Topics: 10
    • Replies: 209

I missed it but honestly I never get out for the opening day on anything. I did get out yesterday. I figured Tuesday would be perfect as everyone would be hungover or at work. So I packed up and left ay about 3pm. An hour and a half later I was at one of my favorite public lands spots. DFG planted a few safflower fields this year and man do doves love that stuff. After watching the field for a bit, I sat myself down by a small bush maybe 4ft high, in between the field and a thick tree line that they were flying in from. I had the falling sun at my back . Anyways it was tons of fun, doves flew in really quick over those trees and I got my limit on this field I had to myself yesterday. Anyone else get out?

Eamon Mc Gowan
    Participant
    • Topics: 17
    • Replies: 513

I did not go out to hunt? But thought I would take a guess to what make and model shotgun? How about a Remington 870?
    Also it looks like it was a real pretty day where ever you where?

Daniel maloon
    Participant

It was a nice day minus the heat. But that’s fine it saves me from having to go to the gym. Shotgun is an old Winchester mod 12

Zach Thompson
    Participant
    • Replies: 12

I went on opening day. They started our season at 2:00 in the afternoon on Sunday. I got 9 (15 is our limit). A good shot would have easily limited out. I missed at least a dozen. I used my Remington 870.

Daniel maloon
    Participant

Sweet. Our limit is 10 combo with no limit on Eurasian. I wanted to head down towards the Mexican boarder this year but just haven’t had time. Good to hear someone else had some fun.

Bart LaMont
    Participant
    • Topics: 5
    • Replies: 8

I was out for Illinois opener, slow day shot 9. Shooting Benelli Super Black Eagle .

Eamon Mc Gowan
    Participant

I was out for Illinois opener, slow day shot 9. Shooting Benelli Super Black Eagle .

NICE shotgun! :woohoo:

Zach Thompson
    Participant
    • Replies: 12

I’ve always heard great things about Binelli’s, but my dad bought one and it jammed after every shot. It wasn’t the SBE. I’m not sure which model it was. He sold it the next day and got a Barretta.

Bart LaMont
    Participant
    • Topics: 5
    • Replies: 8

I bought my Benelli about 2 years before the SBE 2’s came out and have never had a problem with it . I shoot 3 1/2″ magnums for goose season and 2 3/4″ shells for dove and trap. Probably had it about 10 years now.

Eamon Mc Gowan
    Participant

I’ve always heard great things about Binelli’s, but my dad bought one and it jammed after every shot. It wasn’t the SBE. I’m not sure which model it was. He sold it the next day and got a Barretta.

Sound like it needed to go back for a tune up? Years ago when I worked at gun shop they had a video on the counter of a rep from Benelli shooting. He was able to take a stock m4 and get the last one round out of the tube before the first one hit the ground. Jerry Miculek who is a world champion shooter does it like that is the way it supposed to be done. If you want to see a guy shoot amazing “you tube” him. In the industry when someone places second to him they call that guy “first human to win”!

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.