Advanced Search

delica 4 ffg

Recent Forums Main Forum Knife Photos delica 4 ffg

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Jeremy Long
    Participant
    • Topics: 7
    • Replies: 21

Had this knife for a while.. but just put a hair whittling mirror polish on er and thought id share

sharpend up to 2500 grit then 1m strop then .5m strop then did 1m strop again and .5 strop again 16 degrees each side according to the angle cube

cbwx34
    Participant
    • Topics: 57
    • Replies: 1505

Lookin’ good!!! :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo:

Jeremy Long
    Participant

Thanks I think I need to work on my technique with whittling hairs.. every time I put one on the edge and pull a little bit it just beaks in half lol… I can rarely get it to actually take shavings off the hair

Geocyclist
    Participant
    • Topics: 25
    • Replies: 524

Very nice work. :woohoo:

Did you use anything to keep the blade even in the vise? Puffy tape, mole skin etc.

I have a delica and an endura yet to do.

Jeremy Long
    Participant

Very nice work. :woohoo:

Did you use anything to keep the blade even in the vise? Puffy tape, mole skin etc.

I have a delica and an endura yet to do.

I just used some orange rustoleum brand painters tape on the blade where it goes in the vice mostly to keep it from getting scratched up

Josh
    Participant
    • Topics: 89
    • Replies: 1672

Thanks I think I need to work on my technique with whittling hairs.. every time I put one on the edge and pull a little bit it just beaks in half lol… I can rarely get it to actually take shavings off the hair

Nice work man! Well if it is severing a hanging hair then I would say that you have surpassed “hair whittling” lol

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.