Advanced Search

Counting down the days

Recent Forums Main Forum Welcome Mat Counting down the days

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    David Hill
    Participant
    • Topics: 4
    • Replies: 38

Saving up my money for a Pro Pack 2 with case. I absolutely destroyed my ZT0561 with a Lansky Sharpening system and began doing research on ways I could possibly fix it. I came across the WE and it looks like it may be able to help. I love knives and have many nice kitchen knives from Henkels and a small collection of mid to high end folders. The only thing is, I cringe every time I cut something because I have never been able to sharpen a knife to save my life! I want to be able to use my knives!!! 🙂 I hope the Wicked edge can help. While I’m saving my money I’m reading and watching videos on technique and practice so I can hit the ground running once I get it. Thank you for this forum and all the videos you put out. It gives me hope, that I too, may be able to sharpen a knife someday. Now the waiting…:-(

Davidghemail

Mark76
    Participant
    • Topics: 179
    • Replies: 2760

Hi David, welcome to the forum! Enjoy the read. And… one day you’ll have absolutely sharp edges!

Molecule Polishing: my blog about sharpening with the Wicked Edge

Josh
    Participant
    • Topics: 89
    • Replies: 1672

Hey david! Welcome to the forum! There’s a lot of good information here… So feel free to poke around and bring up old threads if you have questions 🙂

When you get ready to purchase one, you may want to check with Bob at Oldawan Tools as he normally has them in stock and shipping is quick.

I’m sure you will love it! If you want any knives that you screwed up in the meantime fixed, I’m sure someof us wouldn’t mind helping out here and there via the mail 🙂 it will whet your appetite for what the weps is really capable of.

David Hill
    Participant

Thanks! I can’t wait! Just to be able to use my knives on a daily basis and not have to worry about them getting dull because the WE will sharpen them is worth it’s weight in gold to me! I hate to admit it but I buy really nice knives because I love the way they look, feel and cut but once they dull they get tossed in the drawer and I buy a new knife. Now I’ll be able to recover some of my old favorites! And if anyone wants to offer to fix my 0561 on the WE I would definitely take them up on that. I ground down one bevel too much on the lansky, used the wrong angle, and widened the tip, it’s pretty bad. I was having an OCD moment when my new 0561 would no longer cut paper and I couldn’t recover it on my rods and I went out and bought a lansky and just…well…it puts a frog in my throat what I did to that beautiful knife…I’ll post pictures tonight. Thanks all for making me feel welcome!

Davidghemail

Eamon Mc Gowan
    Participant
    • Topics: 17
    • Replies: 513

Thanks! I can’t wait! Just to be able to use my knives on a daily basis and not have to worry about them getting dull because the WE will sharpen them is worth it’s weight in gold to me! I hate to admit it but I buy really nice knives because I love the way they look, feel and cut but once they dull they get tossed in the drawer and I buy a new knife. Now I’ll be able to recover some of my old favorites! And if anyone wants to offer to fix my 0561 on the WE I would definitely take them up on that. I ground down one bevel too much on the lansky, used the wrong angle, and widened the tip, it’s pretty bad. I was having an OCD moment when my new 0561 would no longer cut paper and I couldn’t recover it on my rods and I went out and bought a lansky and just…well…it puts a frog in my throat what I did to that beautiful knife…I’ll post pictures tonight. Thanks all for making me feel welcome!

Davidghemail

PM sent

Josh
    Participant
    • Topics: 89
    • Replies: 1672

Davidghemail

PM sent[/quote]

Thanks eamon! I’m sure you will fix David right up! Ya’ll definitely need to post before and after pics 🙂

David Hill
    Participant

I’ve got my tracking #s!!! Thanks Bob @ Oldawans!!! Best customer service I have ever experienced! I can’t wait to start sharpening!

Davidghemail

David Hill
    Participant

Already sharpened 4 knives. The WEPS is amazing!!! I will never have a dull knife again! Thank you Clay!!!

Davidghemail

David Hill
    Participant

My ultra fine .6 stone fell off! I’ve only had it 4 days!!! Any suggestions on how to stick it back on without altering the thickness? Help!!!

Davidghemail

Eamon Mc Gowan
    Participant
    • Topics: 17
    • Replies: 513

My ultra fine .6 stone fell off! I’ve only had it 4 days!!! Any suggestions on how to stick it back on without altering the thickness? Help!!!

Davidghemail

David,
    Call the Wicked Edge office ((877) 616-9911) Monday morning they will either send you new tape or get you a new stone. Wicked Edge is one of the best companies around for fixing “their bad”! Being on this forum for a year now, I can’t remember one case that Clay did not jump on and make it right ASAP!
    “Stuff” happens? It is how a company takes care of you after the sale that matters! 😉

David Hill
    Participant

Thanks Eamon! I will do that. The ceramics are awesome!!! I just need them to stay on the handles. 🙂

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

wickededge
    Keymaster
    • Topics: 123
    • Replies: 2938

Thanks Eamon! I will do that. The ceramics are awesome!!! I just need them to stay on the handles. 🙂

Definitely give a call in and we’ll take care of you. 1-877-616-9911

-Clay

David Hill
    Participant

Thanks Clay! I stuck it back on per Kenbuzbee’s suggestion of using super glue. It seems to be stuck back on for now. I haven’t had a chance to measure it yet to see if it is straight, flat and level. My only concern other than that is if I put enough glue on, and I guess the fact that I glued it to the glue underneath…:-) if I have any issues with it I’ll let you know. I’m too busy sharpening every knife in site right now! 🙂 This tool is amazing! Thank you Clay!!!

Leo Barr
    Participant
    • Topics: 26
    • Replies: 812

I find contact adhesive is best ; 3M do an aerosol version although I prefer an old fashioned tin the advantage of this is that when the stone needs replacing you can boil the stone off in a saucepan the water loosens the adhesive and it is then possible to prise the stone off or if your lucky it comes of on its own then I use an aluminium scouring pad to remove the glue and then it can be reused.
    Super glue or epoxy works but it is permanent plus contact glue is easier to work with.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.