Advanced Search

Chris Reeve Knives – Sebenza

Recent Forums Main Forum Knife Photos Chris Reeve Knives – Sebenza

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 25 total)
  • Author
    wickededge
    Keymaster
    • Topics: 123
    • Replies: 2938

A customer sent this knife in and asked for a convex edge from 17-20 degrees and a .5 micron finish. It came out great:

-Clay

Steven N. Bolin
    Participant
    • Topics: 47
    • Replies: 456

I don’t own a Chris Reeve Sebenza. I hope to own one some day. It just so happens that the one I would buy is the one you posted… The Insingo is gorgeous. I’m a sucker for any and all sheepsfoot style blades.

wickededge
    Keymaster

I don’t own a Chris Reeve Sebenza. I hope to own one some day. It just so happens that the one I would buy is the one you posted… The Insingo is gorgeous. I’m a sucker for any and all sheepsfoot style blades.

Agreed, I love the knife, especially the blade design from a functional standpoint. Here’s another nice image:

Attachments:

-Clay

Mark76
    Participant
    • Topics: 179
    • Replies: 2760

It’s gorgeous! DId you use the stock stones and strops or also Choseras?

Molecule Polishing: my blog about sharpening with the Wicked Edge

wickededge
    Keymaster

The main thing I used to get out the scratches from the diamonds and ceramics was a set of strops I’m experimenting with that had 45 and 30 micron CBN. I was pretty impressed at how quickly and how well they took out the scratches.

-Clay

Steven N. Bolin
    Participant
    • Topics: 47
    • Replies: 456

Agreed, I love the knife, especially the blade design from a functional standpoint[/quote]

Did you happen to take a closer look at the weird little swedge area behind the tip? From what I understand it’s actually somewhat sharp, like able to catch your fingernail… It’d be a shame to put a Wicked Edge on it… But I’d definitely toss the idea around in my head for bit 🙂

Lance Waller
    Participant
    • Topics: 23
    • Replies: 138

The main thing I used to get out the scratches from the diamonds and ceramics was a set of strops I’m experimenting with that had 45 and 30 micron CBN. I was pretty impressed at how quickly and how well they took out the scratches

Clay
    What kind of strops did you use? Leather, kangaroo, balsa or nano?

Zamfir
    Participant
    • Topics: 17
    • Replies: 346

Hey! I have that same loupe!

Nice work on that edge. Interesting swedge on the front. Never noticed that before.

Victor
    Participant
    • Topics: 1
    • Replies: 80

Due to CRK’ follower’s hypes! Looked into the product line, decided and bought the large Insingo to satisfy my curiosity!

I found it to be well designed with close tolerance as advertised.

Then….having it, then realized in my overzealous way, overlooked what CRK owners report that their CRKs are easy to keep sharp – that should have been the Red light – soft steel = easy sharpening. Oh well!

Personal preference to honor blade steel is with a time honored mirror polish. Not just the primary edge, but the entire secondary to a mirror.

Insingo took a little under eight hours, granted, it did come with a fine finish under the mild stone wash, completely by hand while the Yojimbo with its S90V, 5X the effort, including Foredom TX for roughed out the deep ground in’s then hand finishing:

Some people claimed S90V can not polish well, on the contrary, other than it is more time consuming, I found both alloy’s responded well in a mirror polish.

At this writing, I am in the process of my Domino transformation. So far, its CTS-204P steel took about 5 hours getting to the dirty mirror stage on one side, which will immediately transform when polish compound is apply to remove the 2000 scratches. Certainly not soft as the CRK but not as hard as the Yo.

Aloha!

Josh
    Participant
    • Topics: 89
    • Replies: 1672

The main thing I used to get out the scratches from the diamonds and ceramics was a set of strops I’m experimenting with that had 45 and 30 micron CBN. I was pretty impressed at how quickly and how well they took out the scratches.[/quote]

Now that IS intersting… I have found that I have to spend a good little bit w/ the 14 um strops after the chosera 10k’s to remove the scratches… anything to help speed it up would be nice!

Josh
    Participant

Here’s the small sebenza

Victor
    Participant

Wow! That angle took a lot of real estates.

What DPS is that?

Josh
    Participant

16 dps

Lance
    Participant
    • Topics: 3
    • Replies: 7

Wow nice anodized and polished sebenza insingo.
    You in hawaii?

Victor
    Participant

I took your question as comical! LOL!

Its like “U talking to Meh?”

Then, realized I am the one with the Insingo!

You made my day, funny, right?

Yea, Waipio by Gentry!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 25 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.