Advanced Search

Case for Gen 3 Pro

Recent Forums Main Forum Suggestion Box Case for Gen 3 Pro

Viewing 11 posts - 16 through 26 (of 26 total)
  • Author
    Alan
    Participant
    • Topics: 15
    • Replies: 206

Also, there’s plenty of room for items like tape or cleaning clothes right on the shelves themselves. The more I look at this layout, the more I like.

Alan

wickededge
    Keymaster
    • Topics: 123
    • Replies: 2938

Very nice! I don’t suspect it would be difficult to DIY a slot for the low angle adapter?.

It’s easy enough to make slots. The one directly above the jaws was designed to fit the Low Angle Adapter.

-Clay

Jaybe Bowen
    Participant
    • Topics: 1
    • Replies: 3

Look forward to ordering one of these cases

Aaron
    Participant
    • Topics: 2
    • Replies: 18

That looks great! I like the efficient use of the space. I had been shopping around for a larger Pelican to make my own to carry all my goodies, but may have to pick up one of these!

Alan
    Participant
    • Topics: 15
    • Replies: 206

Here’s a photo of the case prototype with the sharpener in it:

Clay, I have a suggestion on the custom foam for the Gen 3 Pro. My thought is make the custom foam so that the arm rods must first be removed. This would save a lot of space, since the large triangle in the middle of the foam would not be necessary. The rods could then be located together elsewhere in the case, sort of like folks do with their PP1 or PP2 systems.. I have found that I don’t even need a tool to remove the arm rods on my Gen 3 Pro, as I only hand tighten them.

Just a thought,

Alan

Alan

Aaron
    Participant
    • Topics: 2
    • Replies: 18

Any update on the cases? I will have to start travelling with mine soon. If this isn’t ready pretty quick I’ll need to make a Pelican case work or something. Thanks in advance!

wickededge
    Keymaster

Any update on the cases? I will have to start travelling with mine soon. If this isn’t ready pretty quick I’ll need to make a Pelican case work or something. Thanks in advance!

They’re due in at the end of this week or the beginning of next week. Finally!

-Clay

Jeremy Liskey
    Participant
    • Topics: 1
    • Replies: 8

That’s great! Been swinging paddles for the past few hours thinking about a case.
    I’ll put an order in soon!

Willis68
    Participant
    • Topics: 10
    • Replies: 32

Can my Gen 3 be set in the case with the stones in the shelf? I had my system milled out and added a second shelf to hold 18 stones, if they could stay in the shells, I could modify the slots for the stones to hold the extra jaws, would this work?

wickededge
    Keymaster

Can my Gen 3 be set in the case with the stones in the shelf? I had my system milled out and added a second shelf to hold 18 stones, if they could stay in the shells, I could modify the slots for the stones to hold the extra jaws, would this work?

This should work. There is no reason the stones can’t stay on the shelves when you put the unit in the case.

-Clay

Willis68
    Participant
    • Topics: 10
    • Replies: 32

Thanks Clay,

i just oust ordered One !

1 user thanked author for this post.
Viewing 11 posts - 16 through 26 (of 26 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.