Advanced Search

carrying case for new business

Recent Forums Main Forum Sharpening as a Business carrying case for new business

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Gary
    Participant
    • Topics: 2
    • Replies: 8

I’m getting closer to taking the plunge and getting the whole pro pak. I plan to sharpen for friends and family. I already sharpen free hand for friends, and I think I can sharpen for friends of friends until the cows come home. I’ve read the thread about pricing. It seems that being mobile is a good idea. However, having a case that says “Wicked Edge” on it may not be. Have any of you all fitted a standard brief case/ carrying case to hold the wicked edge? Where did you get the foam and how did you cut it to fit all the components? I can see myself, eventually, getting the shallow angle attachment, the convex edge ceramics, and several others that are not stock items. If the Wicked Edge carrying case is the best way to go, is there room in it, and is it easy enough to expand it for other components??

Any thoughts?
    Thanks,
    GTN

Gary
    Participant

So how DO you all carry your kit?

Dennis Gocong
    Participant
    • Topics: 0
    • Replies: 93

I haven’t purchased the WE carry case as yet, but in the mean time I use a “Husky” canvas toolbag (medium size) purchased at your local Home Depot and it works just fine for carrying 6 paddles, base with ProII arms. and lots of room for accessories and tools. It actually looks like a doctor’s medical bag, in canvas, and all my friends that I sharpen for are just amazed whenever I bring it out to their homes. I love keeping it simple, but that WE carry case is sure a head turner.

cbwx34
    Participant
    • Topics: 57
    • Replies: 1505

There is “room for growth” in the WE case… it comes with slots for 10 stone sets, and a few cutouts for accessories, and room to cut a few more if you needed. A few points if you decide to make your own that the WE case provides that I would consider is…. it keeps everything organized, very well protected, and, other than removing the arms, you don’t have to disassemble the sharpener to transport or store it (including the PPII setup).

DARRELL ALLEN
    Participant
    • Topics: 15
    • Replies: 113

There is “room for growth” in the WE case… it comes with slots for 10 stone sets, and a few cutouts for accessories, and room to cut a few more if you needed. A few points if you decide to make your own that the WE case provides that I would consider is…. it keeps everything organized, very well protected, and, other than removing the arms, you don’t have to disassemble the sharpener to transport or store it (including the PPII setup).

Gary, I have the PPII and did go ahead and buy the W.E.custom case…………and don’t regret it at all….it protects everything very, very well, and is easily transportable, although a bit heavy with everything in it.

Gary
    Participant

Thanks fellas. I do appreciate your insight and experience. The WE cased does look rugged, I was just wondering if anyone had found an alternative. With the amount of money I may end up spending I should probably not skimp on the case….

William
    Participant
    • Topics: 3
    • Replies: 6

I saw a guy, can’t remember who, used a Pelican case. Not sure what mods. were required, but you could put co. logo, business name etc. on it if you wanted to advertise yourself vs. name of equip.

Doug Siemens
    Participant
    • Topics: 0
    • Replies: 1

Good Evening Gents,

This is my first post since I purchased my WE PPII. I’m still getting used to it and I must say, each knife is sharper than the last.

I faced the same problem, I wanted a good case to protect my investment, I just couldn’t justify the additional expense (sorry clay). I found a no name pelican type case on “Cheaper than Dirt”, case-535 is a close match, waterproof and a third the cost! Now it doesn’t have the slick precut foam insert, but you’ll find several options on the web.

I must say, this is a great site and I can’t tell you how much I’ve learned from everyone.

Doug

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.