Advanced Search

Camillus VG-10 knife

Recent Forums Main Forum Knife Photos Camillus VG-10 knife

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    cbwx34
    Participant
    • Topics: 57
    • Replies: 1505

Certainly not the high end knife many of you post, but I picked up a Camillus 18671, which is a 3″ knife with a “Carbonitride Titanium Coated” VG-10 blade. (Coating’s probably hype, but anyway…). For the price, it’s not a bad little knife to get a VG-10 blade in. I sharpened it at 25 deg. (was going to match the original bevel, but it was higher so stopped at 25 deg.), and went thru the diamond stones and strops, ending at the .5m leather. I’ve been maintaining the blade with the .5m leather giving it 50 or so strokes every so often. Been holding up well as a little EDC for light/medium duty tasks. It would probably benefit with a lower angle sharpening… but thought I’d try it this way for a while and see how it does.

Just thought I’d share… seems to be a decent knife that, if it hadn’t caught my eye on the display rack, I probably never would have even known about.

2/16/13 Edit to add: I won’t bump this thread up, since it’s old, but thought I’d add this in. I resharpened this knife, and either I did something different, or made a mistake… setting the angle at 21 degrees covered the bevel. Don’t know why the difference from 25 deg. I first found (maybe I resharpened it and forgot.) 🙂

Mark76
    Participant
    • Topics: 179
    • Replies: 2760

Very nice! Catches my eye too.

Molecule Polishing: my blog about sharpening with the Wicked Edge

Charles Rich
    Participant
    • Topics: 3
    • Replies: 16

For a sub $50 knife, I almost clicked order… I can’t be doing that 🙂

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.