Advanced Search

Browning Hi – power sights

Recent Forums Main Forum Off Topic Browning Hi – power sights

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Robert Devault
    Participant
    • Topics: 2
    • Replies: 7

I ordered Heinie sights then I realized it costs more for the installation than the actual price of the sights. I need to find a more reasonable price Smith.

Leo James Mitchell
    Participant
    • Topics: 64
    • Replies: 687

The Hi Power was my first center fire handgun and I loved it. I kept the clunky default sights because at the time I was doing purely instinct shooting at the average gunfight range of 7 yards. Quick draw, point and shoot fast! For this kind of shooting they didn’t hinder me. They certainly weren’t for precise target
    work.
    When you find a really good gunsmith, cherish him/her because your precious, expensive guns are in their hands when they need work. A fine gunsmith is worth his weight in gold.

Cheers
    Leo

Robert Devault
    Participant

I hear you Leo,I decided to send the sights back and take the hit on shipping. I’ll order trjicon’S they use the same dovetail.

Eamon Mc Gowan
    Participant
    • Topics: 17
    • Replies: 513

I hear you Leo,I decided to send the sights back and take the hit on shipping. I’ll order trjicon’S they use the same dovetail.

For what it’s worth you may want to look at Meprolight sights? Sometimes you can save money and they have excellent reviews! More times then not better/cheaper then Trjicon. Not that Trjicon is bad, just saying they are winning over the market share that used to be owned by Trjicon.

Robert Devault
    Participant

Thanks for the tip. I did look at the meprolights but ended up ordering the Trijicons. I decided after reading the reviews plus they have a 12 yr warranty. I think meprolights is 10. I already removed the stock sights. Didn’t even mess up the finish on the pistol. The sights have a ding in them though.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.