Advanced Search

Boy what a Wicked Edge day today was – the best

Recent Forums Main Forum Sharpening as a Business Boy what a Wicked Edge day today was – the best

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    tuffy braithwaite
    Participant
    • Topics: 184
    • Replies: 360

Rained lightly on my parade early, but vendors and customers came together despite the weather today. Good fare for sure.

Off to the 2nd market and it being covered was nice and lots of patrons wondering all around today.

The best Saturday so far for the market and for the Wicked Edge here.

Total knives 29 with 11 for homework and 6 sets of scissors today – truly a Wicked Edge Kinda Day.

See you for surfchurch knife gig around 10am…………if busy, video is possible.

Good luck to everyone – see ya – VID IS LIKE 10 MINS……

Attachments:
    Leo Barr
    Participant
    • Topics: 26
    • Replies: 812

Well done I bet you slept well after that lot!

Eamon Mc Gowan
    Participant
    • Topics: 17
    • Replies: 513

Outstanding job on the Kalamazoo! I would have never thought to use mine on shears? I jumped in on the band wagon a couple months ago there was a thread that talked about the “Twice as Sharp”. As usual I over bought and with hind sight could have got there standard model. If you are going to pack up the kali then maybe you want to look at this

http://twiceassharp.com/twice-sharp-standard

It is about a third of the size of a regular grinder? And what Wicked Edge is to knives the is to scissors. If you have any interest let me know and I tell you what I should have done? Maybe Josh will chime in his best friend is the teaching tech over there. A guy can go from knowing nothing read the instructions watch the video and be in business. They send you everything you need!

tuffy braithwaite
    Participant

Outstanding job on the Kalamazoo! I would have never thought to use mine on shears? I jumped in on the band wagon a couple months ago there was a thread that talked about the “Twice as Sharp”. As usual I over bought and with hind sight could have got there standard model. If you are going to pack up the kali then maybe you want to look at this

http://twiceassharp.com/twice-sharp-standard

It is about a third of the size of a regular grinder? And what Wicked Edge is to knives the is to scissors. If you have any interest let me know and I tell you what I should have done? Maybe Josh will chime in his best friend is the teaching tech over there. A guy can go from knowing nothing read the instructions watch the video and be in business. They send you everything you need!

Eamon
    we have emailed back and forth on maybe the correct model, they seem to favor the prof. model due to the many odd types of scissors i have encounted. i am saving some ammo just i case i go that route.
    advise via email.
    see ya

tuffy braithwaite
    Participant

sunday market was slow today.

3 pocket knives and 1 fixed blade gerber.

see you wed.

Eamon Mc Gowan
    Participant
    • Topics: 17
    • Replies: 513

Eamon
    we have emailed back and forth on maybe the correct model, they seem to favor the prof. model due to the many odd types of scissors i have encounted. i am saving some ammo just i case i go that route.
    advise via email.
    see ya[/quote]

Tuffy,
    I’m not sure but I think I may have offended you with my remark on how I justified buying the Atoma stones? If I did I am completely and honestly sorry! You are a very hard working man and a sharpener that I admire! In my head I can nickel and dime some stuff to death? Then turn around go out to dinner with friends, go shooting or whatever and blow $200 and not blink an eye? It was a remark meant off the cuff and with hind sight with not enough disclosure? Again I am very sorry and meant no disrespect!
    Eamon

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.