Advanced Search

Blade Show 2013

Recent Forums Main Forum Knife Shows Blade Show 2013

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Geocyclist
    Participant
    • Topics: 25
    • Replies: 524

Just came back from Blade Show 2013 this Saturday in Atlanta. This was my first large knife trade show (not counting local gun/knife shows). Had a lot of fun.

Got to see Clay in his booth. He sharpened knives non stop on Saturday for 8 hours. No joke. At least the hours weren’t so long on Sunday. Even after all this time his form is still amazing to watch. He was getting amazing results with just 1000 diamonds and a set of strops.

Saw the new Industrial WE. It is huge and much bigger in person than in photo.

Handled the new WEPS case. This thing is a brute. Great locking clasps. It is beyond solid. Seems thicker than other Pelican cases I have seen. I just don’t see this thing ever breaking.

The cost of the show is minimal. If you can afford to travel to Atlanta it is highly worth it. I had lunch with Benchmade forum members. Great to meet folks in person and see some knives.

If I am able to go next year I will setup a WE Forum lunch/dinner or something. It is Atlanta and around the first weekend of June. (don’t know 2014 dates, but it seems to be this weekend in past years).

cbwx34
    Participant
    • Topics: 57
    • Replies: 1505

Very cool! :woohoo: Any pics/videos to share?

Pick up any cool knives? (That’s the part I don’t think my wallet could handle…) :dry:

He was getting amazing results with just 1000 diamonds and a set of strops.

Interesting… just doing a quick touch up, I’m guessing?

Thanks for sharing.

Anyone else go?

Ken Buzbee
    Participant
    • Topics: 14
    • Replies: 393

Pick up any cool knives? (That’s the part I don’t think my wallet could handle…) :dry:

My thoughts exactly, Curtis. It’s why I can never, ever go to Blade. Internet shopping is hard enough.

And if I were to do something sensible like set a $300 limit, the psychological damage (of leaving so many great knives behind) might well exceed the financial damage of buying them. 😉

Glad you had a good time, Geo.

Ken

Mark76
    Participant
    • Topics: 179
    • Replies: 2760

Very cool! :woohoo: Any pics/videos to share?

Plz? 😉

Molecule Polishing: my blog about sharpening with the Wicked Edge

Jende Industries
    Participant
    • Topics: 14
    • Replies: 342

It really is such a blast, isn’t it, Geo?!

Blade is waaay too short for being one of the knife industry’s largest shows. :angry:

I’ve gone the past 2 years, but was unable to squeeze it in this year. I will definitely try to go again next year.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.