Advanced Search

Best way to see your work advice please

Recent Forums Main Forum Getting Started Best way to see your work advice please

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Wellokaythen
    Participant
    • Topics: 3
    • Replies: 9

I saw the mustcam 5 digital microscope. Been thinking about getting this to check my edges. I notice most people use a jewelers loop. Currently I am using a magnifying glass. I mostly use it for detecting burrs from finer grits but sometimes I have a hard time detecting burrs from microbevels. I’m also curious to see my actual progress. Any of you that have bought the microscopes do you find yourselves using them or nah? I don’t know the magnification on the magnify glass I use but would a 30x loop be better?

Josh
    Participant
    • Topics: 89
    • Replies: 1672

I’ve used both but the usb is soooo much better than the loupe!

1 user thanked author for this post.
    Anonymous
    Inactive
    • Topics: 14
    • Replies: 427

I use a USB,, ( Long  story ) be prepared.. LOL.

I bought a 20 dollar USB microscope.. Chinese made.. It didn’t work because the soft wear didn’t work with Windows 10 / 64 bit computer. ( It was cheap ) the manual was written in Chinese, no English version. To make a long story extremely long.. after a lot of manipulation trial and error I was able to get the microscope to work on my Windows 10 /  64 bit PC. I used the Win 10 software that came with my Win 10 webcam and assigned the microscope as an alternative device. I removed the software that came with the microscope.

20151227_012953-1

It works great and can see ever nook and nick. also areas that need more attention than others.

nicks

less nicks

WIN_20151223_23_29_34_Pro

2 users thanked author for this post.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.