Advanced Search

been out of town for 3 days looting and plundering

Recent Forums Main Forum Sharpening as a Business been out of town for 3 days looting and plundering

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    tuffy braithwaite
    Participant
    • Topics: 184
    • Replies: 360

i missed Whole Foods fare yesterday, but i get a call from one customer from there and he has some knives he wants me to sharpen. we meet and now i have all 4.
    on two of them i have questions.

is the big hunter to big for the WE ?

the long machette? – sharpen it in 3 stages or 2? – or should i stick with my old trusty belt grinder? on both.
    thanks
    max

Fred Hermann
    Participant
    • Topics: 30
    • Replies: 188

The WE can do up to 17″ blades, so you’re safe on the Bowie and the others, the real trick is getting the blade set right, but you know this.
    The machete…I could write a novel about my experiences with mine.
    IMO, don’t do it. Use a belt sander. Mine I did in 3 stages and blended the edges to make them all even. It took me WEEKS. Never again…
    So I spent 4.00 and got a nice new polishing belt for my belt sander and to the eye…its the same edge.

Oh…and that big nick? he does know to remove that the blade will be a completely different shape right? Jeeze, it looks like my Mom used it…(she chopped a ham bone and famously broke a knife one year…)

tuffy braithwaite
    Participant

The WE can do up to 17″ blades, so you’re safe on the Bowie and the others, the real trick is getting the blade set right, but you know this.
    The machete…I could write a novel about my experiences with mine.
    IMO, don’t do it. Use a belt sander. Mine I did in 3 stages and blended the edges to make them all even. It took me WEEKS. Never again…
    So I spent 4.00 and got a nice new polishing belt for my belt sander and to the eye…its the same edge.

Oh…and that big nick? he does know to remove that the blade will be a completely different shape right? Jeeze, it looks like my Mom used it…(she chopped a ham bone and famously broke a knife one year…)

I Used marker and kinda showed him what it would look like soon.

tuffy braithwaite
    Participant

omg

never seen one this big ever

Attachments:
    tuffy braithwaite
    Participant

omg

never seen one this big ever

i am kidding about sharpening, but i a guy did give it to me tonight for my table display at the fares.

you know i will sharpen it right??

Leo Barr
    Participant
    • Topics: 26
    • Replies: 812

Razor sharp that will cause some interest ; open it looks like it must be a foot long what a beast!

tuffy braithwaite
    Participant

Razor sharp that will cause some interest ; open it looks like it must be a foot long what a beast!

it got lots of looks and squeezes today at the fare.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.