Advanced Search

Backordered

Recent Forums Main Forum Welcome Mat Backordered

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Steven Corpstein
    Participant
    • Topics: 2
    • Replies: 6

I am extremely impressed by the WEP, but what keeps me from getting into it is/are the amount of items on back order. Seems like it’s difficult to order everything one wants and not have half of it on back order indefinitely. Hopefully Clay gets his Vendors in line because I have to believe it is killing his sales based on comments from other sites I’ve read when they’re comparing the WEP to the Apex EdgePro. I think the WEP looks far superior in design and function, but it’s difficult to tell since stuff is back ordered. Just my $0.02 worth and obviously frustrated. I do not mean any slams against the product with my comments.

cbwx34
    Participant
    • Topics: 57
    • Replies: 1505

I can’t speak to the ability of Wicked Edge to increase production, or the issues/problems associated with manufacturing, supply, etc. I know nothing about that. But it’s worth noting, and I think many forget, that Wicked Edge has been in business less than 5 years, started the WE concept essentially from “ground zero”, has won “Blade Show” twice in that time, and is now mentioned in many posts, forums, videos, websites, etc. where someone wants to reference a quality sharpening device, or the edge put on a blade. That’s pretty impressive in my book… especially given that fact that there are a ton of sharpening devices on the market.

I’m betting it’s a problem WE doesn’t want, and is doing what they can to solve it! 🙂 Doesn’t help the frustration on the consumer end, I know, but I just think it’s worth noting the above.

Robert Nash
    Participant
    • Topics: 5
    • Replies: 164

Hi Steven – welcome to the forum – I missed your arrival while I was away off line. I’m sure you will find a lot of useful information on here, and lots of folks who are ready and willing to help and share their experiences and knowledge. Also, I don’t think anyone takes your frustration as a slam against the WE.

There are many out there who share your frustration and while cbw’s post doesn’t, as he says, doesn’t ease the frustration, but it is worth repeating…

I can’t speak to the ability of Wicked Edge to increase production, or the issues/problems associated with manufacturing, supply, etc. I know nothing about that. But it’s worth noting, and I think many forget, that Wicked Edge has been in business less than 5 years, started the WE concept essentially from “ground zero”, has won “Blade Show” twice in that time, and is now mentioned in many posts, forums, videos, websites, etc. where someone wants to reference a quality sharpening device, or the edge put on a blade. That’s pretty impressive in my book… especially given that fact that there are a ton of sharpening devices on the market.

I’m betting it’s a problem WE doesn’t want, and is doing what they can to solve it! 🙂 Doesn’t help the frustration on the consumer end, I know, but I just think it’s worth noting the above.

Thanks CBW 🙂

And as one who helps out there with things from time to time I can assure you it isn’t a problem they like and are working to resolve.

It should be noted that buying direct from WE isn’t the only way to purchase the system and accessories. I know there are those who will buy from the manufacturer and patiently wait, and there are those of us who when we decide we want something don’t want to wait at all.

There are dealers in the US and internationally that have the system available right now for shipment – check dealers Among the larger US dealers I have them available and I just checked Scott Solar’s page – thesharpenershop.com and he has them, Mark at chefknivestogo.com has them too. I’m sure that there are other dealers around that have it available also – maybe close to your home. Warranty and service from WE are the same no matter where you buy it – so if you are getting frustrated, take a look around. My $0.02 too!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.