Advanced Search

Arkansas stones

Recent Forums Main Forum Getting Started Arkansas stones

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    cliff58
    Participant
    • Topics: 5
    • Replies: 20

I found some 6″x1″ black surgical stones and was wondering if these would work on a blank paddle for the WE-since the actual size of the diamond stones I have are 5 7/16″x3/4″ do you think the extra length and width would hinder the process and if not what would be the best way to attach them to the paddles?Any help or thoughts would be appreciated,thanks.

Josh
    Participant
    • Topics: 89
    • Replies: 1672

Sure they should work! You will have to grind off or disassemble the paddles first to remove the plastic lip… the ones I sent you have it ground down some so as to not hinder the edge/choil problem, but I didn’t grind them all the way off. Clay can chime in and let you know what tape they use – I would mount w/ some good epoxy to aluminum plates and then use the 3m double sided tape to mount that to the paddles.

1 user thanked author for this post.
    Mark76
    Participant
    • Topics: 179
    • Replies: 2760

If you ask WE nicely (give them a call) they may sell you the 3M tape they use themselves. I’ve still got some lying around for when I want to make a new stone. (I still have a plan for making WE paddles from my local stone here – not Arkansas, but Coticules.)

Molecule Polishing: my blog about sharpening with the Wicked Edge

1 user thanked author for this post.
    cliff58
    Participant

Thanks Mark will give that a try.

wickededge
    Keymaster
    • Topics: 123
    • Replies: 2938

Clay can chime in and let you know what tape they use – I would mount w/ some good epoxy to aluminum plates and then use the 3m double sided tape to mount that to the paddles.

The tape is the VHB 4932 from 3M and we’d be happy to get some your way if you’ll give us a call or email.

-Clay

cliff58
    Participant

Thanks Clay!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.