Advanced Search

Anyone seen this before?

Recent Forums Main Forum Sharpener and Accessory Maintenance Ceramic Stones Anyone seen this before?

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Josh
    Participant
    • Topics: 89
    • Replies: 1672

So I’ve sharpened around 250 knives on these stones… Yesterday I noticed that the diamond “layer” looked like it chipped off of the substrate! I’m not complaining… Probably going to order new stones… Can’t afford to be without them long as I have orders coming in, but wanted to post so others can offer up thoughts and feedback on theirs… if it wasn’t for these chipps (which could seriously damage an edge) I would have gotten a decent amount of life left out of them!

wickededge
    Keymaster
    • Topics: 123
    • Replies: 2938

Josh,

It looks like the bond between the nickel plating and the steel is failing. There appear to be plenty of diamonds left, so it’s a shame to have to replace them. The plating is covered under the warranty, unless you’ve left the stones in water long enough to rust, which doesn’t appear to be the case here. Please give Kyle a call: 877-616-9911 or shoot him an email: support@wickededgeusa.com and he’ll get you set up with an RMA and new stones. You’re right that using them can create some damage to the blade.

–Clay

-Clay

Josh
    Participant
    • Topics: 89
    • Replies: 1672

Thanks Clay. I never leave them in water… I normally “paint” windex on them to keep them from loading while sharpening, but I can’t imagine that it would have broken them down. It dries pretty fast too. No idea why this happened though, all my other stones are just fine!

Yeah I sent him an email earlier, I’m sure I will be hearing from him within a day or two!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.