Advanced Search

Another New WEPS User

Recent Forums Main Forum Welcome Mat Another New WEPS User

Viewing 3 posts - 16 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Author
    Jack Montrose
    Participant
    • Topics: 4
    • Replies: 67

I really haven’t spent enough time reserching chosera stones, I have all of the diamond stones and ceramics and I am very happy with there performance. Last night I was ready to just order all chosera stones but, I think I’ll do some more reading before I jump in. Sorry, that I took this thread off track, I’ll try to be more respectful in the future. 🙁

Getting back to the original post, as I said before; I have only used my 50/80 stones once (was very glad I had them). The strops are used allot but, you need to get the most usefull tool for your situation. You will probably end up with them all eventually. 😉

Eamon Mc Gowan
    Participant
    • Topics: 17
    • Replies: 513

Thanks Daug, What I really ment to ask is, do the chosera stones make your edges sharper? I get the desire to make the edge shine once in a while (mostly for showing off 😛 ). The chosera stones would have to make a discernable difference in sharpness to justify the expense for me. B)

As you know from the thread that I posted (Link) I’m a very happy new Chosera owner, and my stand point now is: if you’re considering them – get them! They are that good (but pricey).

They make a great difference in getting a really sharp knife, I do however think that you can probably get equally sharp with ceramics and strops but you will need to put in a lot more work with that setup and your risk rounding the edge since you will have to strop a lot. With the Choseras you get a super refined and perfect V-shaped sharp edge every time and the progression is really quick. I still do recommend custom fitting the stones on the handles so the next grit can soak while you work with the current grit.

[/quote]

I would like to second all that is said here. Also I did not buy my choseras all in order. So soaking them in order of grit progression is thrown off. To do again? I would call Bob Nash and have them done right!!:thumbup:

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using Tapatalk 2

DARRELL ALLEN
    Participant
    • Topics: 15
    • Replies: 113

Must sharpen knives! Must buy more toys!

I feel your pain Keith, and TOTALLY understand your sickness……:cheer:

Viewing 3 posts - 16 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.