Advanced Search

Another new guy

Recent Forums Main Forum Welcome Mat Another new guy

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Rick
    Participant
    • Topics: 9
    • Replies: 54

Hi ya folks.
    Just recived my Wicked Edge this week, and have been the bane of my wife’s junk knife drawer (as I call it). 👿

Josh
    Participant
    • Topics: 89
    • Replies: 1672

Welcome! the more the merrier 😉 have fun and let us know if you have any questions… someone here should be able to point you in the right direction!

Rick
    Participant

Thanks. I’v already learned a couple of lessions. One Dont Look Away! ever!, two dont use two much presure and look away. :blush: On the pluse side it has only taken once per hand to learn these lessions. lmao.

Gib Curry
    Participant
    • Topics: 18
    • Replies: 240

Thanks. I’v already learned a couple of lessions. One Dont Look Away! ever!, two dont use two much presure and look away. :blush: On the pluse side it has only taken once per hand to learn these lessions. lmao.

Welcome…. mindfulness & patience…. lessons learned many, many times.

If you absolutely must reach over the knife; do it mindfully.

It’s not a race; do it with patience.

~~~~
    Submit your questions here. Submit your answers here. Submit your pictures here.

But, please, we don’t want you to add any more pictures to the “Maybe I should get gloves” thread.

You’ll like here….

~~~~
    For Now,

Gib

Φ

"Everyday edge for the bevel headed"

"Things work out best for those who make the best out of the way things work out."

Rick
    Participant

GibCurry, I agree totally about not wanting, or needing to post in the maybe need gloves. lol.
    I am amazed at the amount on knowldge on this fourm, and thankful for the folks that are shareing it. I am still picking though it to learn as much as I can.

Razoredgeknives, thanks for the welcome.

Mark76
    Participant
    • Topics: 179
    • Replies: 2760

Welcome! And congratulations!

Experiment a little with some cheap knives to get the feel for it. There’s a lot of information here for getting started with the WEPS. I suggest you start reading the wiki.

And as others have said, please don’t hesitate to ask if you have any questions. There’s a whole bunch of guys here willing to help you.

Enjoy!

Molecule Polishing: my blog about sharpening with the Wicked Edge

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.