Advanced Search

And keeping clean

Recent Forums Main Forum Welcome Mat And keeping clean

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Wilmer Schock
    Participant
    • Topics: 1
    • Replies: 4

I have attempted to find earlier postings on this topic, but have not been successful. Perhaps an administrator will direct this post to the correct subject and category. I hope I’m not breaching protocol by posting images when I’m a rank amateur. My little add ons seem to work well, are inexpensive and unobtrusive.
    The first image has what may seem to be a recognizable object; it is indeed a small latex finger protector which is often used (as in my case) to keep a bandaged finger dry. It was many months ago, don’t ask.
    The second shows stage two; a large rubber washer which fits snuggly around the rod.
    The third is a modified BMW motorcycle cable thingy which covers the adjusting nut. The very end little cap is probably not necessary, but it works for me.
    Great forum. You don’t know me and I probably won’t be a frequent contributor, but thanks to you all.

Wilmer Schock
    Participant

Sorry for the duplicate of image one. I wasn’t able to edit it out.

Mark76
    Participant
    • Topics: 179
    • Replies: 2760

Sorry for the duplicate of image one. I wasn’t able to edit it out.

But I was 😉 .

Thanks for posting these images! When you use the latex finger, do the washer or motorcycle thingy add value in protecting the ball joint? (At least, I assume that’s what they’re for.)

Molecule Polishing: my blog about sharpening with the Wicked Edge

Wilmer Schock
    Participant

Yes, they are there to keep the ball joint clean. Is this necessary? Probably not, for casual use. It’s no more than one of those psychological tweeks we get when a thing is made better. Fun though.

Pinkfloyd
    Participant
    • Topics: 22
    • Replies: 208

Percy,
    Thanks for the post. I was using surgical glove fingers that I would cut from the glove. Yours looks to be more durable. I was also using rubber grommets cut in half over top of the fingers on the rod, as a bumper.

Wilmer Schock
    Participant

While the little finger protectors are available at any drug store, the BMW motorcycle cable thingys might hard to get a hold of. If you want to try them, PM me with your address and I’ll send you a couple.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.