Advanced Search

Add “Salon Shears” to “Task Specific” Section?

Recent Forums Main Forum Suggestion Box Add “Salon Shears” to “Task Specific” Section?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Jonny
    Participant
    • Topics: 12
    • Replies: 40

I’m a Super-Noob but one of my end goals is to learn to sharpen Salon Shears/Scissors. Just wondering if any one on here is experienced w/that and maybe adding it to the Task Specific section. Thx.

Ken Buzbee
    Participant
    • Topics: 14
    • Replies: 393

Outstanding idea!

One thing I’d love to learn.

Ken

Jonny
    Participant
    • Topics: 12
    • Replies: 40

Oh, awesome!

Again, although I got a loooooong way to go to do this professionally, my end goal is to have a mobile sharpening side business and I have “in’s” on nearly 8 Salons. I’ve seen the way most of the “Sharpening Guys” are sharpening the shears (one or two step process) and am confident the WE can outshine them.

I would love more info on the standard (current) process they’re using compared to the WE and details on edge preferences/angles (iv’e heard they need to be “toothy”) etc.

Also any info on “shear balancing”

Mark76
    Participant
    • Topics: 179
    • Replies: 2760

This topic has been up before. IIRC, the point is that shears require quite a different angle from normal knives. If you’ve got ideas, please let us know.

Molecule Polishing: my blog about sharpening with the Wicked Edge

Ken Buzbee
    Participant
    • Topics: 14
    • Replies: 393

This topic has been up before. IIRC, the point is that shears require quite a different angle from normal knives. If you’ve got ideas, please let us know.

Exactly. I’ve always assumed some sort of adapter would be needed. Like remove the arms, bolt on risers and put the arms on the risers.

But if there’s some kind of crazy way to mount them in the current rig, I’m willing to try it.

Ken

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.